PDA

View Full Version : PIN Codes

bigdonms51
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Hello Intercot Posters-

I have a quick question regarding PIN codes that people receive for Disney discounts, i.e. 40% off. I am on Disney's mailing list, but I don't recall receiving any mailings for the discounts. Just wondering is there is a trick to getting them, or if it is just luck of the draw.

Thanks.

tinklover
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
It is just luck of the draw, although we always seem to get them when we don't plan on going. I just got a pin code in the mail today for next year.

Twinkletoes77705
10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I can say I have been getting one evry month for the last (almost) year...well about 8 months. I seem to be one of those "lucky" people!! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Oftentimes, the PIN codes target specific geographic areas. There's no way to really increase your chances of getting one. You'd either be in the demographic they are sending them to, or not.

If you have stayed there recently, too, you'd be LESS likely to get one. They want people who have either never gone (but are on the mailing list) or those who have been absent for a few years.

I've NEVER gotten a PIN code, but my mom (who lives in the same sort of local area) gets them ALL the time. Last time SHE went to WDW was back in 1998...

tinklover
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
we were there last year and had pin codes waiting in the mail box for us when we got home and got pin codes today and we leave in 10 days :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I registered to get a Disney Planning DVD, and ever since then, I get a pin code a week. Before that, nothing. I was already booked at Pop & Contemporary when I ordered the DVD, and the PIN code I got just today allowed me to switch to the Contemporary for the entire trip, and for not much more money.

faline
10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
There's no way of knowing how you get targeted. We got three in the mail at the beginning of the year. I just got an e-mail pin code (which I think is the first I've ever gotten via e-mail). I'm not sure that they target folks who haven't gone recently as we were just there in August and have another trip booked.

DawsonAR
10-20-2009, 10:42 AM
We go at least twice a year and get pin codes all the time. I get them in the regular mail and by email.

EPCOTGAL1
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, I am certainly doing the "happy dance" after I've been reading all these pin codes being released and then seeing the Disney Visa which "mirrored" the 3/4 deal which we could not use because we are travelling 4/16 through 4/21 and not getting a pin code and having my own private "pity party".

Well, I check my junk email box last night on a whim and there was an email from Disney Destinations with a 40% off for us. We were already booked at Poly (club level) first time CL for us....and Terrisue was able to apply the discount saving us....$1,300.00!!!! OMgosh......can I tell you how excited I am....:mickey::blush:

Here are some statistics to add to this post:

1. our last trips were 4/07, 4/08, 11/08, 8/09 (so they did not target us for not travelling there in a while).

2. I did (for the heck of it even though I've registered before) sign up for another DVD planning AFTER we booked at the Poly.

3. We were already booked CL so they were not expecting an upgrade from us, I guess..

4. We do live in MA and maybe that IS a target area?

Important lesson: check junk email because emails can get stuck in there! Disney Destinations does not always go to junk email but this one did..THANK YOU TERRISUE!!

Emme&TeddysMommy
10-20-2009, 02:50 PM
We just received out first pin code ever or so I thought. A few years ago we went to Disney with my in-laws and they used our email address because they don’t have one. Well to my surprise it came to my father in-law. I called Disney and asked if we could use the pin code. The reservationist was great and said that if we had the same address as them we could, but we don’t. Latter that afternoon I was talking to a friend who said the same thing had happened to her and that it was suggested that she go ahead and use the pin code for what ever address it was sent to and a few weeks after making the reservation call Disney and tell them that you have moved and give them your proper address. I don’t know how I really feel about that suggestion, but oh well. I still can’t believe that I have never ever gotten a pin code myself. Just for giggles I decided to price out a trip on line and it was cheaper with out the pin code due to the 4/3 offer.

1goofyfamily
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
We are signed up for everything and we get one periodically but are generally not huge discounts and we go every few years. My parents who have only been once and that was 8 years ago got a great one so we booked as many rooms as we could (3) with theirs this summer for our Dec trip with each of our families. It was free dining plus a room discount. The pin code ended up being cheaper for 2 A & 2 K in a room than the Disney Visa discount we had to use on the 4th room for 1 A & 1 K.

clausjo
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Has anyone in FL received one?