PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

luvkatiebug
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
1: How does Magical Express work with Southwest Airlines? Do they participate in it, and are our bags brought to our resort?

Also...

2: If we stay at a moderate hotel, like Port Orleans, can my kids go to the Neverland club at the Poly?

Thanks
Missy:mickey:

BMan62
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
1) Inbound (to WDW) ALL airlines use the full DME service - bags will 'magically' appear in your room around 3 hours after arrival (on average)

It is the outbound flight where Southwest and DME have the disconnect, although it worked beautifully from Pop Century in September!

2) Sorry, I have no kinds, so I cannot help you there.

teambricker04
10-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree with what BMan62 says about #1

and

#2 Your kids do not have to be staying at the Poly to use the Neverland club... I am not sure how far in advance you need to reserve the space.

stitchaholic
10-19-2009, 07:13 AM
It is the outbound flight where Southwest and DME have the disconnect, although it worked beautifully from Pop Century in September!

what does this mean exactly ? that we have to get our bags from the ME and check them in ? i remember having to do this for air tran 2 years ago as well...

vicster
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
what does this mean exactly ? that we have to get our bags from the ME and check them in ? i remember having to do this for air tran 2 years ago as well...

Yes, you have to check in your own bags on your return trip with Southwest. We always fly Southwest so I'm hoping they change that in the near future.

Strmchsr
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Yes, you have to check in your own bags on your return trip with Southwest. We always fly Southwest so I'm hoping they change that in the near future.

Right. You bring your own bags to the DME bus on the return trip, the driver loads them under the bus and you check them at the airport. What BMan was talking about is SWA has been running a test program only at Pop Century Resort for the resort baggage check-in program. I know the test was supposed to be short term, so I can't confirm if it's still going on or whether it is going to spread to other resorts.