PDA

View Full Version : Dinner in Morocco

smartees11
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
On New Years Eve my family and I will be dining at the Moroccan restaurant Marakesh.

If you have dined there, what do you recommend?

Favorite dish(Entree, Appetizer, dessert)?

TheRustyScupper
10-19-2009, 12:52 AM
This is just what we recommend:
1) Appy - Chicken Bastilla
2) Entrée - Roast Lamb Meshoui
3) Dessert - Marrakesh Delight

Mysttree
10-19-2009, 03:27 AM
I can tell you I really enjoyed the Lemon Chicken! I don't remeber much else...but the chicken was SO yummy I got the recipe & have made it at home. :tasty:
Hope you enjoy.

MNNHFLTX
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes, the Lemon Chicken is very good, and my son and I enjoyed Bastilla for dessert (it's a think pastry with vanilla cream and sprinkled almonds on it).

Be forewarned that Restaurant Marrakesh is basically one big room and that it can be loud and crowded. See if you can get a table near the area where the belly dancers perform--they interact with the audience and it's a lot of fun to watch!

smartees11
10-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Thank you everyone!

I have a younger sister who is very iffy about dining her, her palette is somewhat discriminating against different foods.

wendy*darling
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
If you are looking for variety, Restaurant Marrakesh also has a few excellent "feasts" and sampler platters.

We love the Royal Feast- there's lots of food, and you can pick and choose (among your tablemates) what to eat. If one person doesn't like one dish, there's bound to be something else they will like.

It's a fun place too- the live music and the belly dancer add to the atmosphere. Ask to be seated near the dance floor.

LiloLovesTheKing26
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Night at Casablanca!! You get a little of the Lamb, a chicken kabob, couscous and seafood bastilla!! It's on the dining plan too!!

The seafood bastilla and the chicken bastilla are my favorite items!!! mmmm Can't wait to eat there in 7 more weeks!!!

EJS-Houston
10-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I added Marrakesh to our dining reservations for early November. We've not been there before but y'all have me really looking forward to it!

Gator
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Can't remember the exact name, but I had the leg of lamb. It was UNBELEIVABLE. Very tasty. If my kids weren't stuck on the Princess Lunch and my wife on Le Cellier, I'd go back.

SignguyTom
10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
We had the Marakesh Royal Feast. It was truly wonderful! We used a TS credit from the dining plan, but with an additional charge since the meal includes an appetizer. Before the meal, I felt a little out of my comfort zone, but it ended up being one of my favorite meals of the trip!

thumperbug
10-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I have yet to try dining here but I think on my Feb trip I might have to. On each trip we like to try a restaurant we haven't. I think we are going to try this and BOMA

dream_disney
10-24-2009, 02:35 PM
I am sorry to say that we didnt like it :( I wish we would have. Just a tip... ask for no Moroccan spices if you have a sensitive stomach.

tinkerbell0902
10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
The food really isn't that bad for a picky eater. The chicken couscous is much blander here than in Morocco, the Saffron is much stronger tasting there. It's a fun night and the Moroccan Delight is an amazing dessert.