PDA

View Full Version : How is the dining plan credit set on card?

snuggs30
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Just wondring if it has child's credit and adult credits seperate on the card? My son does not like some of the things offered for kids, but likes the adult menu. We have all quick service credits, but do they know who gets what when you bring your food to them to be rang up? :confused:

medic9016
10-18-2009, 01:00 PM
There is a code on the bottom left of you KTTW card that identifies how many adult and child plans you have. I don't think the register system will let the CM use a child credit to order an adult meal. Once you order the food it does not matter if you eat the kids meal and your child eats the adult meal.

Hammer
10-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Disney Dining Plan rules (provided to each Guest who purchase the plan) clearly state that Children's Credits must be used for items/meals from the Children's Menu if available.

What that means is if there is a children's menu at the counter service restaurant, the child is to order from the children's menu. If there isn't any children's menu, then the child orders from the same list as an adult. Some of the counter service restaurants where there isn't a children's menu-

Casey's Corner
Main Street Bakery
Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
Sommerfest
Toluca Turkey Legs
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

wire0monkey
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
You do have to use the kids' credits for kids' meals and the adult credits for adult meals.

We switch the CS meals a lot, though. I'll eat the kids' meal and let my kid eat something from the adult menu.

sndral
10-24-2009, 03:02 AM
The quick service places don't care who eats what. You just order whatever meals you want and give them one KTTW card and all the meals being purchased are deducted from it, it's like a room account. W/ the quick service plan you'll have 2 adult meal credits per adult per day (2 adults=4 adult meals per day) and 2 child credits per day per child. Plus 2 snacks per person per day. For a five night stay w/ 2 adults and 1 child you'd have 20 adult meals, 10 child meals and 30 snacks. If you wanted you could buy 10 snacks one day and no meals @ all and the next day 6 adult meals and no child meals and a third day 6 child meals.