PDA

View Full Version : a few questions about late february.

dyin tago
10-18-2009, 10:41 AM
wife and I are considering a week at the world from the 20th to the 27 th of february.
would this be a super busy time to go?
as far as lines at rides we have been to disney several times so we can use fast passes more to help with that.
we also like to dine outdoors as much as possible and hit the waterparks and maybe a gulf coast beach. would it likely be warm enough for these things? we could also wait till april but are anxious to go:mickey:

Patricia
10-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I've been to the water parks in January and found it to be comfortable, I did notice at the resort only my kids were in the pools in the evenings.

It's not super hot but it's not cold either.. the average temps in Feb are around 75 (23C) in the day dropping to 50ish (10C) at night.

Being from Canada you may find it warmer than the locals do. I've seen them in down parkas and gloves and once saw a women wearing ear muffs early one morning. I was standing beside her in my shorts and a hoody. :)

dyin tago
10-18-2009, 11:43 AM
yes,compared to manitoba in january or february that would be awesome.
we have always done september in past and twice in july.

we would just like to make sure we can sit outside to enjoy our dinner if we wish and enjoy the parks wearing a pair of shorts.

september is just too uncomfortable for us.
if it`s in the 70`s at least during day in january or february and a lot less busy than march we would try january or february instead.

faline
10-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Given that Presidents' Day if February 15th, you're arriving during a very busy and crowded week. That week is the beginning of the busy spring break season. Things might improve a bit around the 22nd but I'd still plan on it being quite busy.

Weather can be quite variable at that time of year. You may need sweatshirts during the day or it might be pleasant enough for shorts. Evenings can get quite chilly. Depending on weather, swimming is possible or you could hit a cold patch and find it too chilly to enter the pool.