PDA

View Full Version : why do you go to disney

the kid
10-18-2009, 05:46 AM
the reason i go to disney is firstly because i love any thing disney and my dw is the same ,secondly when i was younger and in primary school a lot of my mates and kids that i knew were going to disney world for there holidays and i would be going on holiday half an hour away from our house camping we only ever went on two holidays as kids once when i was 6yrs and once when i was 11yrs .
So back in primary school i said to myself that when i get a job and have kids then i will work my butt off to take them to disney to give my ds and dd the holidays that i never had we now go every other year because we DVC members .
And lets face it disney is BBBBRRRRRIIIIILLLLL.
So now then i take my dd and ds and dw i love to see there faces when we walk into the mk that just makes my holiday and its worth the pain of work and going out in the bad weather to put peoples power back on as im a lineman :number1:

stitchaholic
10-18-2009, 07:36 AM
its worth the pain of work and going out in the bad weather to put peoples power back on as im a lineman

first of all,thank you for this ! the power guys need recognition,i know i alwys appreciate it,because in my area the power goes out when the wind blows too hard,lol!

ok,back to topic. when i was 8,my first family vacation was to disney,and i had not been back until i was 36,when i walked through the main gates and saw the castle and the parade,i was in tears,all kinds of emotions hit me then. also,i am a single mom of 2 kids,and i appraciate staying on property,not having to drive anywhere or cook anything,it is just pure fun time for my kids and I,an escape from the stressful world outside the gates of disney.

Madame Leona
10-18-2009, 08:17 AM
My parents took me to Disney just about every year when I was a child. I love taking my kids and sharing the memories with them. I think one of the main reasons I go back is that I know it will be fun. I know where to stay, what to ride, and where to eat. I like that comfort level. It feels like visiting an old friend.

deedeenmickey
10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
My first trip to WDW I was 28 years old and I took my 2 children old 8 (DS) and 4 (DD). I think my husband was 32 and it was his first time too. The magic was so overwhelming that it seems indescribable! We had a family friend who worked for Disney and told us all of the little secrets and what not to miss and how to naviagate. We went everyday for a week from 6 Am til midnight because we thought it was a once in a lifetime. We have been every year since and sometimes more than once a year. Everytime I go I feel like a kid again and when I get home I am missing the magic immediately! I hope to never miss a year of going to WDW!

rubato
10-18-2009, 09:14 AM
We were REALLY poor when I was a kid, so it never would have occurred to me that Disney was a possibility. Fast forward: I'm 35 and planning a surprise 1st visit for my son's 5th Bday. When he saw that we were at Disney he lit up unlike anything I've ever seen. I still cry thinking about it. And, I didn't realize how it would make my husband and myself feel. I cried when I entered MK and saw the castle. Then I looked over at my husband and I could tell (even though he wasn't crying) that he was feeling the same thing.

So, I go to Disney because it makes me happy!

TKDONALD
10-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Ever since i can remember is when i started going. I grew up in a disney family. I live in New Orleans so it was one of those classic family road trips. My dad has been collecting disney memorbilia since he was 6 and bow he is 67. Also the love for disney had me and my sister to eventually become Castmembers. Im happy to say that me (29) my sister (33) dad (67) mom (63) are going to disney on Nov 5. This will be our 25 trip as a family and my 30 trip total. This is the one place im totally happy. Theres nothing better when you spend your vacation with family in disney!!!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I always loved WDW, and it became especially important to me the year my brother was sick and passed away. The planning for, and anticipation of the trip really helped me through that super difficult year.
I truly feel like Disney is my "happy place"..a place where all is good and right and joyful. A place where all are accepted, and everyone is a child again. I love that feeling, and love that my family loves it too. Our WDW trips mean the world to us.

AllDisney
10-18-2009, 12:00 PM
First time to WDW was when our daughter was 4. I remember the look on her face as we took the boat over to MK. Since then I've been hooked. My husband says I have that same look on my face as we enter each & every park, each & every day & each & every time we go:cloud9:

I love that I can go and forget the pressures of everyday life & be a kid again. We NEVER know what is going on in the world because we are at WDW and when we get back to reality we'll see what happened without us.

minnie-mouse
10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
It makes me feel like a kid again! Only the trips were somehow much easier when Mom & Dad used to do all the planning,

MushuGrl
10-19-2009, 02:16 PM
*booooows to The Kid*

Linemen have a special place in my heart after the ice storm back in January. I wanna buy you a Dole Whip!

I go to Disney because, for one, I'm a kid at heart, and it's the place I can be a kid again! Also, I suffer from hugmongus anxiety, and it's the only place I go that I'm not constantly worrying - I've always said it has a magic bubble around it that blocks all worries as soon as I pass through the arch! HAKUNA MATATA!

IloveDisney71
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
I grew up very close to Walt Disney World, back when it was just the MK and Epcot. I went a couple of times a year. Lots of out of town family would come and stay with us and we always ended up at Disney. Because of that I have SO MANY memories of special things that happened at Disney with grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. My family moved away when I was a pre-teen but we still visited Disney. Once I had 2 dd's of my own, I of course had to instill the love of Disney in them so lots of trips were a necessity! :D Now I have even more memories with them. Disney will always provide a special touch of magic for me and my family.:mickey:

alaMode
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
and we go to WDW because it is one of the few places on the planet where our challenges disappear and we can enjoy ourselves without care!

Tess
poly07
poly08
pop09
popChristmas09
pop10

JerseyMouse
10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
DW and I go to Disney because it is simply, for our $$$, the very definition of what a vacation should be..a place to vacate your everyday life, and just give into the magic of Disney. They still do it better than anyone.

brad192
10-21-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm gonna date myself here, but...

I grew up with Disney. Wonderful World of Disney/Color, watching Walt present each Sunday night episode, seeing the videos from Disneyland, and later the concepts from WDW. Plus all the wonderful movies - 20K Leagues, Swiss Family Robinson, Mary Poppins, etc. I was hooked even before WDW opened.

When WDW opened, my parents decided that we all needed to visit. They weren't rich by any means, and struggled to give us a vacation to remember. We spent one magical day, Xmas 1971, at WDW, and that was when I knew I was hooked for life.

I remember driving back to our campground after leaving MK & telling my mom "This was the BEST day of my life!" - and really meaning it!

Maybe I need a 12-step program...