PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams Festival Beer

OogieBoogieMan
10-17-2009, 07:38 PM
So has anyone tried the Samuel Adams Festival beer at F&W? I look forward to it and was down for a night in Septemberbefore our trip later this month. Hopped in to Epcot just to try it and regretted the trip. I thought they hooked up the tap wrong and went back to read the description. Very fruity and not typical of what they usually cook up. I am curious if anyone else had any thoughts.

Melanie
10-18-2009, 05:13 AM
I asked what the festival beer was and didn't think it sounded very appealing and passed. Glad I did now.

TheRustyScupper
10-18-2009, 02:06 PM
1) Sam Adams make 29 different beers.
2) There are bound to be some you like and don't like.

OogieBoogieMan
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
1) Why is how many beers they make relevant?
2) I am curious as to what people think of it

Melanie
10-18-2009, 06:32 PM
1) Sam Adams make 29 different beers.
2) There are bound to be some you like and don't like.

Hmm, well that's stating the obvious.

The festival beer didn't sound appealing at all. That was what the OP was inquiring about (which also seemed pretty obvious).

SurferStitch
10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
While I'm a dark beer person, I love the fruity flavored beers, especially Blue Moon and the various Sam Adams flavors (Cranberry Lambec and Cherry Wheat). Also, the Purple Haze at the New Orleans stand at last year's F&WF was excellent.

I probably would have loved the SA Festival beer this year!

TheRustyScupper
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
1) Let's rephrase.
2) I think there will be a lot of opinions.
3) To me, I like the variety.
4) Festival Beer is just another variant.
5) To me, it is different, but still tasty.
6) There are few beers I absolutely cannot stand.
7) None are made by Sam Adams.
8) Sticking with one beer seems boring to many.
9) Some time you feel like a nut, sometimes . . .

Scar
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Fruity Beer = :sick:

Woody: " Would you like a lime in your beer Mr. Peterson?"

Norm: "No thanks Woody. The only thing I like floating in my beer is my liver."

SallyP
10-19-2009, 07:48 AM
blackberry wheat beer ... :beer: I didn't care for it.

brownie
10-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I enjoy the Sam Adams seasonal beers, except for the fall one. I'd try give the Festival beer a try, but from the descriptions I don't think I'll care for it.

Tinkermom
10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I enjoyed it but I enjoy fruity beers! I found it to be light, not very sweet and very refreshing especially since it was in the 90's last week when we were there. :thumbsup:

If you are not sure if you want to pay for the festival beer than try it for FREE! Samuel Adams offers a FREE beer seminar/tasting where you try 4 different Sam Adams beers and the festival beer is one of the four. :mickey: The seminars/tastings are at the American pavillion and are offered at various times during the day starting at 12 noon. The seminar/tasting takes about 15 minutes.

Babyvett
10-21-2009, 04:13 AM
this years festival beer has a blackberry undercurrent. very fragrant. Its a unique tasting beer. If a fruity beer isn't your thing, then definatly get the creme stout :) very yummy.

Melanie
10-21-2009, 07:49 AM
If you are not sure if you want to pay for the festival beer than try it for FREE! Samuel Adams offers a FREE beer seminar/tasting where you try 4 different Sam Adams beers and the festival beer is one of the four. :mickey: The seminars/tastings are at the American pavillion and are offered at various times during the day starting at 12 noon. The seminar/tasting takes about 15 minutes.

We're definitely doing this next year. We walked up in the middle of one, and never got back to the area.

BethieTink
10-24-2009, 11:11 PM
We just got back from spending three days at F&WF and DH and I both loved the festival beer.

Capt_redshirt
10-29-2009, 12:52 AM
i did the sam adams tasting before i bought a glass and i was very surprised by it. I thought it has a crisp taste and a nice lemon undertone. it was great but thats my opinion

Red Randal
10-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Whoa whoa hang on here. Does Sam Adams brew a specific beer for the Food & Wine Festival or do they just call this brand "festival beer?" Cause if its Disney-specific beer then that's pretty cool.

For the record, Sam Adams Oktoberfest is one of my favorite beers in the history of ever.

SallyP
10-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Don't know for sure but I believe it is Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier (tastes like it) which was the FOURTH ANNUAL SAMUEL ADAMS BEER LOVER’S CHOICE 2008 winner. They stuck on the name 14th Festival Beer specifically for the F&WF.
Maybe 2009 Beer Lover's Choice will be 15th Festival Beer, etc. :beer:

Capt_redshirt
11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Don't know for sure but I believe it is Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier (tastes like it) which was the FOURTH ANNUAL SAMUEL ADAMS BEER LOVER’S CHOICE 2008 winner. They stuck on the name 14th Festival Beer specifically for the F&WF.
Maybe 2009 Beer Lover's Choice will be 15th Festival Beer, etc. :beer:

I had thought it tasted like it but one of my friends who is a chef for Disney assures me that its a unique flavor created for the food and wine festival.