PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Grand Floridian

queen bee
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
We are presently planning our March get away to the Magic Kingdom and are considering the Grand Floridian as our resort of choice. We would never be in a position to choose this resort because of price but the "4 for 7" promotion puts this into the affordability area for us.
My question is to those who have stayed here before. Is it worth the extra cost? What features of this resort make it special? Is there anything you didn't like about it?

Thanks for your help.

TammiMcMan
10-17-2009, 06:42 PM
My question is to those who have stayed here before. Is it worth the extra cost?That is the million dollar question around here and unfortunately, there's just no way to answer that. "Worth" is very subjective. Some things that may make it stand out, is the Victorian theme. It feels very upscale, but at the same time, it's still the comfort of Disney. Lounge chairs around the pool are padded, private cabana's for rent, private dining opportunities around the resort, proximity to the MK, hammocks and lounge chairs for 2 on the beach, etc.

It remains the favorite resort of my family so I am a little bit biased towards it :secret: .

RaRaRoundTheWorld
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I agree that the question of "worth" is very subjective. Our family loves the resort and it's where we like to stay. Personally, I love the proximity to MK & Poly, the variety of restaurants, the fresh simplicity of the resort's theme and well, it just feels like the best Disney vacation getaway spot.

Maxwell
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I've never stayed there, but my sister has. I have heard nothing but good things about GF, but you will have to decide on the value yourself. Some considerations:

1) Will you spend time at the resort or are you really focused on the parks?
2) Would you like to be able to view the fireworks from your resort / room?
3) Do you like the idea of a monorail resort?
4) Does the available dining match your interest in food / dining options?
5) Do any of the resort amenities - especially pools - make a difference to you? Remember - no resort pool hopping, so if pools are important and you like the ones at GF...then this would be a good option.

vetman
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I have to say that staying at the GF is the best place in DW to stay. The best part is sitting on the steps or chairs in front of the Gasparilla Grill and watching the 10:PM Magic Kingdom fireworks directly in front of you. Followed by a leisurely walk to your room. Compared to the crazy crowds on Main Street USA during closing fireworks, the GF is like heaven. I would do it again every year if we could.

The others above made all the rational valid points, but the GF is the only place in DW that I WANT to stay at. The magic at the GF with the Gingerbread house and Christmas decorations are like no other place on earth.

Go for it. You won't regret it at any price.

Renfairwedding
10-19-2009, 09:31 AM
This was the best resort I have stayed in so far at Disney.

:number1:

tnpoohbear
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
We have stayed there twice - last time was Feb 2009. This is DD favorite resort. Honestly, it is beautiful and you are treated great! In Feb we had a castle water view which was awesome, but honestly, I do not think I would pay that much extra for it again but it was nice to do at least once.

It is very grand and chic but I really love the AK much better. DD will always want to stay at the GF.

You will love it, definitely a lovely resort and the beds are so comfortable!!:mickey:

renecat
10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Stayed at GF last Dec. and the Poly this Sept.
Back to GF for us not that the Poly was a bad place to stay but rooms are dark with keeping with the theme of the resort. Like the cheery bright rooms at. GF so much better.