PDA

View Full Version : Weather in December

mfeliciano
10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
So this is going to be my first time in December. Finally I get to see the Christmas Decorations!!! It's a very short trip but I'm planing to do the Christmas Party on December 10th, How cold is it in Florida?:mickey:

Jeri Lynn
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
December weather can fluctuate. I've been and had very cold weather, and other times I've been and had weather in the 80's.

I would highly recommend checking the National Weather Service for their 10 day forecast before you go. Plan on packing some light stuff and some warmer stuff.

My last December trip was in 2007 and it was quite warm and we wore shorts and t-shirts during the day but the temps dropped at night so it was time for a heavy sweatshirt or jacket.

Enjoy your trip!

faline
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
We've had December trips wherein we could wear shorts and tees to Mickey's party. However, on our last December trip, we hit a REALLY cold spell. To Mickey's party, I wore: stockings under long pants, a turtleneck top under another long sleeve shirt topped with a winter coat and I was still cold! Yes, it was that cold and I come from New England so cold is not a foreign concept!

Weather can range from quite mild to quite cold at this time of year - be prepared for all variations!

jillluvsdisney
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
You could get a high range of temps from 30's at night to 80s during the day. I have ne word of advice about packing; LAYERS.

Strmchsr
10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
As others have noted - it varies and there's no way to say what your weather will be like this December. You can check the historic weather page in Info Central for exact conditions on your dates over the last few years to get a general idea, but you'll have to wait until about 2 weeks before your trip to get a general idea as to what to expect this year. Check the weather thread at the top of this forum for details.

RAIDER
10-19-2009, 08:51 AM
We have been quite a few times in early Dec and the weather is normally in the 80s but it does get chilly in the evening .... Its a great time to go personally :thumbsup:

Disneymom4ever
10-21-2009, 09:19 AM
We have been twice in December, and on our first trip, I have pictures of us in shorts and tees, and then ski hats and gloves- it was freezing! And that was in a weeks time span. Definitely check the weather forecast. It is a beautiful time to go, nothing like celebrating the Christmas season at Disney! My favorite time to go! :thumbsup:

wolfhog
10-22-2009, 01:08 AM
As stated before Dec can be..... interesting. Have been there when it is in the 80's to when it has been in the 40's. (Kind of funny to see native Floridians in winter parkas - no offense). Have also been caught in torrential rain storms (very unusual). Use the Boy Scout motto - be prepared. Just enjoy - the decorations are beautiful and don't miss the Osborne lights.

LuvAllPrincesses
10-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Agreed with the fluctuation in weather. We are going for the first week of December as we have in the past, and I usually head out to the parks in capris, short-sleeves with sweatshirt, socks and Crocs. If we're lucky, we may lose the sweatshirt and socks - somedays, yes and somedays, no! Then after a break at the hotel in the afternoon, it's usually a change into jeans, long-sleeve and sweatshirt or jacket/vest for the evening. It's never been too cold for the kids to get in a swim at least once or twice in December! It is a wonderful time to be there!

mom2morgan
10-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Yep - same as above! We are from Alberta, so when we went in 2006 we just LOVED the gorgeous December weather! My kids got sunburned one day. We did notice, though, that evenings were chillier, and you sure didn't want to be WET when the sun went down. We even froze at Illuminations the same day we got the sunburns. But LAST December - totally different story. I made the foolish mistake of going to Universal in a short sleeved top and had goosebumps all day - it was just gray, and dreary, and cold the whole week. The warmest day was the day it poured down buckets of water from sun up to sun down. We avoided any ride with the possibility of getting wet the whole time. We didn't even swim much, and we pride ourselves on our northern fortitude ;-)

Joannelet
10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Its soo true! December can be ALL over the place weather wise!
But like above posts said check out the forecast before packing and its usually not too far off that course.
I always end up bringing some summer stuff and some winter stuff.
My sister had little ones with us one year in December and they even had their winter jackets and gloves, mittens etc and they USED them! They were also in shorts and t-shirts at the beginning of the week.
Just dress in layers and bring both types of clothes. I know its a pain to pack all over the place like that but thats just the way the weather can be in December in Orlando.
Its a wonderful time of year to go!! We will be there again this year in December too :)