PDA

View Full Version : Which Building at the Poly

disneymomw_3boys
10-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Just wonder what building people would recommend for a stay at the Poly. Looks like from the map that Samoa is the most centrally located. Any suggestions?

I was also wondering if each building has a special designation depending on your booking. I know that Hawaii is the Concierge building but are there any others that are designated for specific bookings.

ginger19
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
I literally just returned from there. While I can't tell you which building is best, I can tell you that we walked the entire place in 10 minutes so nothing is really that far out. Of course, I was glad to have a stroller for my 4 year old at the end of the day but nothing seemed that far from me.
We stayed at Tuvalu and were set to have a regular garden view but they upgraded both of our rooms when the bathroom in our original room was under repair. We had a fantastic MK view in that same building.

SorcererJim
10-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I would have to recommend Tokelau due to its larger rooms, easy walk to both the grand ceremonial house AND the TTC for a quick trip to Epcot. Plus, it's litterally steps away from the quiet pool which is a nice change of pace from the Volcano pool. Plus, my favorite feature, you can walk to the end of the building, step out on the stair balcony and watch Wishes in your PJ's :mickey:

I would also suggest you do a quick google search for Tikiman's excellent website for all thing Poly!

CleveRocks
10-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Hawaii is the only building that is 100% spoken for ... that is, it is 100% club level (and within that, there is club level lagoon view and club level garden view).

There are only 3 buildings that have theme park view rooms -- Aotearoa, Tahiti and Tuvalu. However, these buildings also have two other room categories, lagoon view and garden view, which means that even if you book a standard (garden view) room, you could be in one of those buildings.

In other words, except for Hawaii, a standard (garden view) room can be in any building.

threeh
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Another vote for Tokelau and Tikiman's pages. We had a garden view in Tokelau and were able to see the castle from the side of our porch. Quick walk to everything!!!

Have a great trip!!!!:papple:

diz_girl
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Another vote for Tokelau. We were in room 2919, which was a Garden View Room. However, we had a partial lagoon view and could still see the CR and the ferry boat from our balcony. If you leaned over the rail a little, you could see SM. It is centrally located to everything. It is a quick walk to the TTC, the GCH and the beach. The quiet pool is right next to the building, but the Volcano pool isn't far. It is a slightly longer walk to the dock and Luau Cove.

I love to walk onto the beach at night, sit down on a swing, and enjoy the fireworks. It's the end to a perfect evening.

disneymomw_3boys
10-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Tokelau sounds like the winner and it makes sense as it is right in the middle. Will make a request, not sure if it will happen but will give it a try...

Thanks for you help only 48 more hours.....

DisneyBarb
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I will be curious on if you request gets met.. we have stayed there several times and have liked every building.. Its really not a far walk to anything.. taking in the atmosphere is half the fun..

DisneyDad in PA
10-23-2009, 07:37 PM
We have stayed in the Samoa building the last two visits and are hoping to get that building again over Thanksgiving. Another vote for tikimanpages. Lot's of info on the longhouses.

mousetrapper
10-23-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree, Tikiman rocks!

We loved Tahiti, room 1018.

ravsluvdisney
10-24-2009, 05:15 PM
OK....

1. We luv Poly!
2. We've done Tokelau
3. We've done Samoa
4. We luve Poly (it bears repeatin'!)

Would do either one again. Samoa was a bit more "centrally" located but honestly the resort is not too spread out to foot it anywhere and as the grounds are some of the most peaceful, beautiful and well-kept on WDW property, a bit of a walk is NOT a bad thing here!

Enjoy!! :tikki: