PDA

View Full Version : Firework Cruises?

disneykid@hrt
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Where can I find more information on the firework cruises? Are there ones for both Wishes and Illuminations? Are they worth the price, that I'm guessing is high? Thanks. Thinking about booking one for our next trip. Is there something as memorable that is a better "bang for your buck"? It will be me, DH, DD2, and DSS6. (DDSS's first trip!)

ibrowse17
10-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes, they have them at both the MK and Epcot. For our honeymoon back in 2006, we got a cruise for Wishes. It was just my wife and I on a boat, which picked us at our resort, with a driver. He took us around the lakes, telling us stories and showing us cool stuff as we went. There were chips and cokes for us, as well. The boat parked in front of the Mk, and we had a great view of the fireworks. Afterwards, we headed back to Ft. Wilderness, and were able to stop and watch the water parade. It was a nice evening, and a wonderful way to start our honeymoon. I think it cost something around $200, and would be sure that the price has gone up since then. If you do take one, have a great time:thumbsup:

epceddie
10-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Right here on Intercot.
Go to Info Central and click on Park Hours/Events/Info.

disneymomw_3boys
10-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I have done the one at Epcot and its nice but you are parked under the bridge near France and people are all around you. You have your private space on the boat but the view is average as you cannot see all the worlds as the light up or some of the other items as the get illuminated.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-17-2009, 04:02 PM
We have done both of them and they now cost about $315. We have booked the Wishes one for December. It is the birthday cruise. There will be 4 of us. You can have up to 10 people on your pontoon boat. When we book a cruise we try to find a family with whom we can share this magical event. Usually, it is someone we are dining by that evening.It is so much fun to share some extra magic with another family! We are a little worried about it being VERY cold in the evening when we go. We really don't want to be miserable on the cruise. The Wishes one is our favorite one because the fireworks from the water and hearing the music is EXACTLY like the commercial!!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Paiges
10-17-2009, 09:40 PM
We did the Epcot cruise in Sept. We had never seen the fireworks from another vantage point, but we loved it. DD(9) asked if it was expensive, and when I said it was, she said, "It was totally worth it!" :thumbsup:

disneykid@hrt
10-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks for all of the input guys! We've decided that we could probably use that money and do a few things instead of spending it all in one pop. So I got us ADR's for Cali Grill for Wishes and I think we'll do the room celebration when we arrive. I think the kids will love that and we'll have some souvenirs. :mickey: Thank you all!

disneymomw_3boys
10-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Cali Grill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

epceddie
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM
You have made a wise and cost-effective decision.
Watching Wishes from the deck at the Cali Grill is outstanding! Even if you dine earlier in the evening, you can show your receipt and head back up for the fireworks.
The night we went, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich was there holding the door and saying hello to everybody.