PDA

View Full Version : Best in the World 2009

houseofmouse103
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
For those members whose friends & family poo-poo about their multiple trips to either WDW or DL, Conde' Nast Traveler came out with there "Best in the World 2009" list and ... (insert drumroll here) ...

Mainland U.S. Resorts Top 75 -
#43 Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
#44 Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
#56 Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
#70 Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort

Cruiselines-Mega ships-Top 20
#2 Disney

Way to go!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Ian
10-17-2009, 02:11 PM
For a $450 a night hotel, I'd think Disney would be disappointed that the Grand Floridian ranked so low.

But I'm sure they aren't. ;)

Hammer
10-17-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree with Ian that Disney management is probably not thrilled where the Grand Floridian or Grand Californian ranked, though they will never publicly say that.

I'm looking for the full list on line to see what ranks ahead of the Disney hotels. If other Orlando hotels were ranked higher, Disney really won't be happy.

Scar
10-17-2009, 09:58 PM
For a $450 a night hotel, I'd think Disney would be disappointed that the Grand Floridian ranked so low.

But I'm sure they aren't. ;)
They'll probably come out and say "We took a survey and our guests said they would be willing to pay more than $450 for a hotel ranked in the top 50."

Ian
10-18-2009, 08:43 AM
They'll probably come out and say "We took a survey and our guests said they would be willing to pay more than $450 for a hotel ranked in the top 50."Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I'm quite certain you're correct. :mickey:

diz_girl
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes ranked #29. If it wasn't for its lower location rating (in the 70's), it probably would have been in the top 10, possibly the top 5, as all of its other individual ratings (food, service, activities, etc.) were at least a 92 out of 100. It was the only other Orlando-area hotel on the list.

The start of the third setence of the GF review has to hurt, "The service is less than solicitous..." No individual category ratings were posted.

The last sentence for the AKL review is also harsh, "And if you actually want to do anything—from having dinner (with a reservation) to storing luggage—be prepared to wait in line." Ouch.

TheRustyScupper
10-19-2009, 11:09 AM
The start of the third setence of the GF review has to hurt, "The service is less than solicitous..."

I agree with Ian that Disney management is probably not thrilled where the Grand Floridian or Grand Californian ranked, though they will never publicly say that. The last sentence for the AKL review is also harsh, "And if you actually want to do anything—from having dinner (with a reservation) to storing luggage—be prepared to wait in line."

1) Management at WDW does know the Deluxe's have mediocre service.
2) That is why they keep losing "stars".
3) In fact, at GF, they installed a new layer of management.
4) Yes, ANOTHER layer.
5) This is just to concentrate on guest service.
6) Unfortunately, it did little good for the last rating period.
7) We will wait and see if they are able to cure the issues.

NOTE: They keep trying, but there are some underlaying problems that are not desired to be fixed.

Scar
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
1) NOTE: They keep trying, but there are some underlaying problems that are not desired to be fixed.I assume you mean the CM's rate of pay?