PDA

View Full Version : Using room card to charge meals?

minnie-mouse
10-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Do all counter service restaurants accept the room card as payment for meals? We are not doing dining plan, but would rather not carry a lot of cash around.

Is there an extra fee for using charging things to your room like that?

beksy
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
As far as I know they all accept the card--at least all of the ones that we did accepted it. I think they would have to to accept the dining plan. We charged pretty much anything we bought to our room without any problems or extra prices. It was great not worrying about cash or my debit card! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
10-17-2009, 11:18 AM
You can charge CS meals to your room key and there is no extra charge to do so.

Strmchsr
10-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Is there an extra fee for using charging things to your room like that?

As already stated, there's no extra cost for using your room key. The one thing to be aware of, though, is your room key does have a charging limit. $500 for values/$1000 for moderates/$1500 for deluxes. Once you reach that limit you can't charge any longer on your room key until you call the front desk and request a new limit. At that point they'll actually charge your credit card for the amount you've already charged then reset your limit on your room key. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of as you don't want to be ready to sit down to lunch only to find your room key won't accept the charge.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-17-2009, 03:41 PM
We do something a liitle different on our trips. We usually take Disney dollars and cash and put like $2000.00 on the room. We can then use our room key and they deduct it from that amount. We like it better than keeping track of our credit card charges. This way, we won't have any bills when we get home and we can always check how much is left on it at the front desk when we want. We don't have to carry too much cash this way either. And, as an added bonus: We sometimes don't use all of our cash "on hold" and receive money when we check out!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

LVT
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
We do the room charge for everything. I do go down to the desk every day or so to zero it out to the charge card. I like the detailed invoice.

eeyoremom
10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
We always use the room key for all our food and purchases the entire trip. What I really like is the detailed invoice you get in the end. We keep these from all our previous trips. It's very easy to add what you really spent on food. So I know that the dining plan is not a great savings for us. Also, each card has a number, so if teens or roommates are charging, you can tell exactly who did the charge. We always let our teens spend a certain amount, and it's very easy to see who spent what.