PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's actually happening Day 1 LIVE

Dopey's Girl
10-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Well I made it! It was a long, long day in the air (Mpls, to Dallas, to Ontario Ca) but we got here around 4 or so...checked in to an upgrade...we are in the Wonder tower with a view of the waterfall.

The room is neat and clean, and the resort seems fun...I'm loving that I'm actually here! I honestly can't believe it!!! There are signs up saying how busy the parks are...I'm hoping that changes by Monday!

We had dinner at Millies (Yummo! We had a really good club sandwich, and the best chocolate cake I have ever had!!!) then headed out to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. I can't believe how huge DD feels here! I really liked that we could walk there from the room...big bonus!!!

Tomorrow we are heading to Santa Monica and possibly to a wine tasting...it's all kinda up in the air...we are just going with the flow!

My 2 Cali observations for today....1)there is a lot of trash on the side of the highway and 2)the weather here is AWESOME!!! (It was 30 and snowing at home!!!)

Well, that is just about all I have for today! I'm looking forward to seeing lots more!

Meg

NotaGeek
10-16-2009, 11:56 PM
YEA! Have fun ... can't wait to read about your adventures! If you want a fun place to eat that's just up the PCH from Santa Monica, Google Gladstones by the Ocean. I think it's Malibu, but the food is great and you are literally on the beach!

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the tip!!! I'm googleing as we speak! I love trying new places to eat!

Melanie
10-17-2009, 06:31 AM
I can't believe how huge DD feels here! I really liked that we could walk there from the room...big bonus!!!

Yes! Such a huge perk about DLR - being able to walk everywhere and not wasting time with transportation.

You guys are in my favorite tower at the DLH. :thumbsup:

Have fun Meg! :sun:

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: