PDA

View Full Version : 1 bedroom or studio at WL?

Georgesgirl1
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
My parents have given us a set number of DVC points for our trip next September or October. We want to stay at the WL in either a 1 bedroom or a studio. If we stay in a 1 bedroom we will not be able to stay as many nights (probably 5 instead of 7). It will be DH, me and our son we will be about 19 months or so at the time. So do we go with the bigger room or more days????

MonoMan
10-17-2009, 07:24 AM
A few things to consider are the differences between the two - the one bedroom is bigger, but also has a full kitchen and washer and dryer, and how much time do you think you will spend in the room?

Georgesgirl1
10-17-2009, 09:21 AM
We won't be spending too much time in the room although we will come back to the resort everyday to take a nap. The past 4 trips we have shared a 2 bedroom a SSR with my parents. Now we are kind of spoiled!

Since our son will be a little older I don't think a full kitchen will be needed because we could easily do frozen pancakes in the microwave or oatmeal for breakfast. I am really torn on the washer and dryer though.

DH would rather go for more days, but I am trying to think of the logistics of having a toddler at WDW!

thumperbug
10-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm spoiled by 1 bedroom villas. We only have 1 child. We usually stay for a week so we pack less clothes and take advantage of the washer/dryer in the villa. But if the choice to stay at a studio allows you extra time at WDW..thats what I would do

faline
10-23-2009, 07:40 PM
If you don't get to go often, I'd probably go with the studio especially if you're not going to spend much time in the room. A full week is more relaxing than a 5 day trip.

scootch713
10-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I go with my two girls(age 7 and 10) and the WL studios are nice. There is a frig and microwave/sink area... so you can still eat breakfast/lunch. I would opt for the extra days for sure!

stitchaholic
10-23-2009, 11:16 PM
i would go for the extra days

Lizzie
10-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I think it depends on how well your child sleeps with you in the room. Ours at that age would not sleep if they could see us.