PDA

View Full Version : POR Carriage Rides

Disney_Barbie
10-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry, wasn't totally sure where to put this (moderator's feel free to move it)

I was hoping for more info on the carriage rides. I already read the blurb on info central, and I did a search for Carriage Rides and came up with many mentions of them, but nothing too detailed. I always suprise my DH on our anniversary trip, and was thinking maybe the carriage ride would be nice.

I've read people mention bringing a bottle of champange, is this still kosher? What if I wanted to make it a suprise, can I order a bottle of champagne to be waiting @ the carriage for us (so as to not look sususious bringing champagne w/ me). I was thinking maybe I would say that we're checking out POR (cause've we've never seen it & we love to go check out new resorts) but SUPRISE, we're actually going on a carriage ride there.

What have people done as far as their Carriage ride goes. (as I said I've never been to POR) but I'm assuming there's not too much to do there. So do you dine somewhere? There's a boat ride from DtD to POR, isn't there? How long does that take? Maybe a nice dinner in DtD, and then the "idea" to go look @ POR, when suprise there's a carriage waiting for us!

We've done sleigh rides in the past and the driver can really make/break it. Sometimes is a secluded romantic experience, and sometimes (once the driver chewed our ears off) it's not that great. How are the drivers & what does the carriage look like (IE - do have have much privacy from the dirver?)

Any sugestions as to time of day? Obviously, evening, but I think I remember reading a big time frame that they do them in, like 6-11 or something like that. What time frame did peole enjoy? I'm sure a dusk-ish time would be beautifull, but perhaps it would be more romanitic/secluded @ the resort if it was a later time.
Any insight on the carriage rides would be great - THANKS!

disneykid@hrt
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't have any info for ya- sorry- but on our recent trip we met a couple that had just gotten engaged on a POR carriage ride. They both loved the experience. It sounded quite romantic. Good Luck!

CaptainSmash
10-17-2009, 07:17 AM
I just got back from PORF. The ride is 6-11 and I suggest you book it early. They were booked and I was unable to do that while I was there. The Boatwright is a great place to eat. Enjoy your trip.

BugeyedMuggy
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Yes you can bring your own bottle. If you call the Disney florist they will give you several options on "surprizes". I had the driver give my wife a glass slipper and tiara on a pillow made of carnations. It was fabulous! She was completely in awe.

Some of these things can get expensive. You could always grab a bottle ow wine at POR and take it with you.

If you go wed thru thur, you could see Yahoo Bob in the lounge. Very entertaining.

We do a carriage ride nearly every trip. At FW or POR.

Have fun it's great.

darthmacho
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
I plan to do this next year when we go. Does anyone know how far in advanced to reserve? I'm sure the original poster and myself would appreciate knowing before it is too late! :mickey:

MO Disney Couple
10-23-2009, 09:56 PM
We did this on our March trip and it was verynice. It was originally for me and my husband but decided to take my girls with us at the last minute. We were glad we did because they loved it.

mom2morgan
10-24-2009, 09:24 PM
My experience - fine to do once, wouldn't do it again, not all that romantic. The carriages are very nice, but we DID have an UBER chatty driver. but we were doing the carriage ride with our girls - maybe if it had been a romantic couple thing he would have used better discretion. But we did it while staying at POR just to set off our night - I would NOT personally bother coming from anywhere else TO POR just for that. Ps - I called about a month before our trip, and my first several times were already taken. On the plus side, I screwed up and showed up half an hour late and they managed to accomodate us anyway.