PDA

View Full Version : When would you go: 3 "popular" weeks to choose from

Mammabruski
10-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi all,

This is a bit of a hypothetical...I may or may not switch school districts next year, and they typically have 3 week-long vacations each school year. Which would you choose? Why pick that week over the others?

The weekend before and the week of Thanksgiving
Presidents Day week

The third week in April

Thanks for your input! Any insight or information into those weeks would also be welcome. :mickey:

Ms. Mode
10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
I would pick Thanksgiving...the parks are decorated for Christmas then :thumbsup:

gmgdisneymom
10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Presidents week would be the least crowded. I will be there the week before thanksgiving this year - and I will never go in April again - the crowds are too much

Tick-Tock
10-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I disagree about Presidents Day week. That typically is quite crowded. Depending on when Easter falls, I'd probably pick April - Flower & Garden festival, and a little bit of sun! But if the week off is the week before or after Easter, I'd probably pick one of the other two. People who have gone Thanksgiving week say it's not too bad the early part of the week, then more and more crowded as you get toward the holiday weekend.

faline
10-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Presidents week would be the least crowded. I will be there the week before thanksgiving this year - and I will never go in April again - the crowds are too much

I disagree as well. I've been there during Presidents' week and it is very crowded - difficult even to move from one side of Fantasyland to the other crowded!

If crowds are my main consideration, my first choice with be the April date (Easter is on April 4th next year); second choice Thanksgiving; and Presidents' Week would be my last choice.

Mammabruski
10-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Anyone else have an opinion?

bruin1344
10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
i have been a week before presidents day. It got very crowded by the end of the week. 3rd week of April maybe a good pick crowd wise if easter doesnt fall on that week.

Maggio
10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
If crowds are my main consideration, my first choice with be the April date (Easter is on April 4th next year); second choice Thanksgiving; and Presidents' Week would be my last choice.

I have to agree with faline. The crowds are too great during President's week, and if Easter is in early April, many of the schools will be in session during the third week, which would mean considerably lower crowd levels. Otherwise you can try Thanksgiving Week, but expect high crowd levels later in the week.

bruin1344
10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Also, its very crowded presidents day week because of Daytona 500.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Probably the 3rd week of April as long as its not Easter week.....

BigThunderFan
10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
We went the 3rd week of April in 2008. It was actually much more crowded than we anticipated, but we later found out that many east coast schools had a late spring break that year. Easter is the first week of the month, I would think that is your best bet.:mickey:

princessgirls
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I would avoid President's Day week. Daytona 500 is that Sunday and brings a lot of people into the Orlando area, and I checked airfares and they are outrageous for that week. (kids have that week off for the first time) I have been there and it is gridlock in whatever park you are in. No fun...

We go in March, and although busy, not unmanageable. It's also nice to feel that warmth on your face!

Julie:mickey:

mickeefan
10-25-2009, 09:47 AM
We found the third week in April quite crowded.
The Flower and Garden Festival more than makes up for crowds. It's a must see to see all the topiaries they have in addition to the flowers.
They are unbelievable.
In 2010 we are going the second week of May.

Iluvpooh
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
I was at WDW last year President's Weekend/Valentine's day and it was a zoo! I have been the week AFTER Thanksgiving before and thought it was very nice. I'm not sure about the week before.

MizMissy
10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Not sure what year you are looking at, but in 2010 - the week of President's Day is the same as Mardi Gras week -- even more crowds.