PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express pick up day after flight...

kai2234
10-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Wow, it's been forever since I've posted here! Hope that all is well! :D

Anyhow, my husband and I are going to Disney for a long weekend next month with my parents. They live in South Florida and will be driving up that Friday. We live in San Diego now and we be flying in that Thursday night, and saying overnight at the Hyatt in Orlando International Airport, as our Disney reservation begins Friday. At this moment it's uncertain whether or not my parents will be able to pick us up at the airport Friday morning, or if we need to get to Disney on our own.

My question is... can you schedule Magical Express to pick you up at the airport the day after your flight? Will that cause any sort of issue? We would fly in around 11pm Thursday, stay overnight at the Hyatt, then go to our cabin in Fort Wilderness on Friday. We don't need Magical Express on the way back, just one way.

Also, we would prefer to keep our luggage with us. Is that an issue as well?

Thanks so much everyone!

Tinkerfreak
10-16-2009, 08:01 AM
We are doing the exact same thing in Nov. Flying in late, staying at the Hyatt and heading to CBR the next morning. My travel agent told me this would be no problem. We could retrieve our own luggage from the baggage claim area the night we arrive and then check into the Hyatt. We would then go to the ME counter the next morning and check in. We would store our luggage under the bus on the way to the resort. She said she would let them know I would be using ME Friday morning. She said because I was not actually leaving the airport Thursday night I could do this. I do have to ask her how to handle the luggage tags. I would like to be able to check the bags with ME on the return trip. I guess I would have to have tags to just put on before we check our bags at the resort with ME.

tinksmom02
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm by no means an expert, but I think that you should be able to get ME for the day you check in at Disney. So if you're arriving at MCO on Thurs, but not checking in at WDW until Fri., you should be able to get ME on Fri. I'm suer someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the luggage, if you're getting it yourself, DON'T put the yellow ME tags on it.

For the return trip, as another poster mentioned, that's a separate process, through Resort Airline Check-In. Only some airlines participate--you can check in with RAC and drop your baggage there, RAC ensures it gets to the airport. If your airline doesn't participate, you can check your bags with bell services for the day, and then bring them on the ME bus with you (actually, the driver puts them underneath). You'll have to check them with the airline once you arrive at MCO.

Intercot lists these airlines as participating with RAC: American, Continental, JetBlue, Alaska Air, Delta, Northwest and United/Ted.

Here's the Intercot info on ME:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp

:mickey:

CleveRocks
10-16-2009, 02:59 PM
All of the replies above are correct.

It makes no difference when you are flying. ALl that matters is that you get your ride from MCO to your resort on or after your check-in date, and then your ride back to the airport from the resort on or before your check-out date.

Save youself a lot of grief by calling DME directly at 866-599-0951; they are DME experts and they'll be able to make the proper reservation for you with no problem. If you tried to do this through 407-W-DISNEY, chances are you'll get bad info from a cast member there, such as them (wrongly) saying that you can't use DME the day after you fly into MCO.

kai2234
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. It looks like after all this we won't be needing ME to pick us up after all, but I'm happy to know that if we need it in the future, we can schedule it the next day after we fly in.