PDA

View Full Version : The Real Report: OKW 9/20 to 9/25--day 5

Carolanne
10-15-2009, 09:50 PM
The last full day is always the saddest :( We got a late start today. We headed over to the Hollywood Studios to ride our faves one last time, then had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches for lunch (I think it was at Backlot Express, but I could be mistaken—it’s near the Backlot Tour). Mom had chips for her side, I had apple slices--gotta be healthy somewhere, right :D? We finished our favorites then headed over to Epcot. Since we already had our lunch but still had a ways to go until our ADR at Ohana’s, for "2nd lunch" we split a Key Lime Tarte at the Sunshine Seasons food court. I finished my souvenir shopping for DH in the UK (I bought a Manchester United t-shirt—it’s an inside joke for us. If anyone out there has seen “Eurotrip”, now you’re in on the joke!).

We went back to our room for a rest, then headed over to the MK for some window shopping that turned into a jewelry buying trip for my mom :mickey: Off to Ohana's!

Whoa, Ohana! There were so many people waiting to get into Ohana's, you would think that was THE only restaurant at the Poly! The CM's actually ran out of pagers!

Dinner was very good. And the perfect way to top off our last night? Enjoying dessert while watching Wishes from Ohana's. After dinner, we took the monorail back to the MK to catch our resort bus. This would be where we encounter our first massive crowd. The end of our dinner coincided with MK closing for the evening, so we & everyone else were all trying to get back to our "homes". Our bus just pulled off right before we got into line, but another one came right after.

KylesMom
10-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Not the last day! :(

Yes, the line at Ohana can sure be long when you show up for "second lunch". But it's much better than waiting until other guests' first dinner! :D Happy to hear your last night was spent watching Wishes and that you didn't have to wait too long to get home!

Thanks again for sharing!:mickey:

faline
10-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you and your mom had loads of fun! It's great that your had this mother/daughter time together!