10-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Cast:
Me: Jackie, 27
DH: Brandon, 25
DD: Brielle, 21 months
DGma: Grammy

Day Two: Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot

Yeah, all three of ‘em. We’re crazy.

So after our long day and night at the not-so- Magical Kingdom we were ready for a change. (Time for a change? And we’re Republicans, imagine that.) We headed out to the Animal Kingdom around 8. I wanted to get there at 8 for the Extra Magic Hours, but I wasn’t gonna push my group too much. They were too close to the breaking point already. DH and I headed over to Everest for fast passes and Grammy and Brie went to get some for Kilimanjaro Safari. DH and I went over to Dinosaur to see if we could hop on really quick before heading over to Tusker House for our ADR. When we got there the Cast Member at the door said “Come on in, the dinosaurs are hungry!” We loved that. However I am scared to death of this ride. I thought maybe this time I would be able to do it. I kept telling myself they are big hunks of rubber. It’s not real. But no. I don’t know why this ride freaks me out so bad. DH had to get the picture. I’m hunched over, covering my ears, with my eyes closed. I mean the ride had me in tears. But it was still fun to get that scared for nothing!

We made our way over to Tusker House. We had to wait outside with our buzzy device. Brie had some energy and so we let her run around behind the building. This was fine until she started going too fast, hit a small hill, and fell flat on her face. Oh no!! Poor thing. She has a boo-boo on her face. But she’s tough. A little Neo to Go and a kiss and she was good as new. We went and had our picture taken with Donald, DH’s favorite. Brie gave him a kiss. She loved all of the characters. Donald was so funny. I told him that his girlfriend was on Brielle’s diaper cover. He put his hand up to his mouth like he was embarrassed. It was so cute. The picture came out well and so we bought it. Breakfast here was wonderful. Best meal we had on the trip. The ham was killer and the special sauce they give you with it is yum. First we met Daisy. Brie wanted her to pick her up! Then Mickey came. He told Brie he loved her with his hands. LOL. He kissed her, she hugged him, I cried. And then when he left I thought about what had just happened and I cried some more. SAP! And then, my favorite Goofy! He posed for a picture with me and I told him he’s my favorite like I always do. It was cool. Then they all got together and danced a conga line through the dining room. I totally recommend this to anyone. Breakfast for 3 adults with tip was $81. We told our server how much more we loved this dining experience over CRT.

We then split up again so we could use our Fast Passes. Everest was not as cool as I remembered it being. I don’t know what this is about. Did they change it? DH said the same thing. While we waited on Grammy and Brie to get back from their safari we shopped a bit. It was sooooo hot. We couldn’t take it. Don’t be mad at me guys, but we left the Animal Kingdom and didn’t go back. We’ll be back in January and we’ll spend more time there. It was just too hot for us that day.

Brie fell asleep right when we got in the car. Grammy volunteered to take her back to the hotel and drop us off at DHS. Fine with us. The ToT was calling my name!! We went over towards RnR and ToT. Our theory was to FP one and ride the other. We walked by ToT and Stand-by was 40 minutes- not bad. So we head over to RnR: 20 minutes. SO we said what the heck and hopped in line. It was about 20 minutes and we were off on our way!! I love this ride. It seemed different to me as well, but in a good way. So then we head over to the Hollywood Tower. The line said 20 minutes but we were in the introduction movie room in about 5. Just a matter of walking up to the lobby really. We got out and caught the tail end of the parade. We made our way over to the Great Movie Ride. Our tour guide- the Bugsy one, was not so great. She seemed unsure of herself? It was nice though. Did they get a new alien in the overhead part? I don’t remember it being that large of a hole, or it jumping like that? For some reason, I just remember it popping its ugly head out. We went over to ABC Commissary for some cheeseburgers. Ehhhh. Whatever. We just needed some fuel. We called Grammy. The babe was awake and they were going to get some McDonald’s. I HATE going out of town and eating at places like McDonald’s, but oh well. I might have enjoyed a burger from there more than the one I got at ABC, and it would have cost half as much. Grammy said it was the best McDonald’s she’d ever eaten actually! We took the bus back to the resort. We didn’t have to wait long, but since the bus was for all of the All-Stars we had to stand until we got to All-Star Sports. We were hot and ready to relax.

We put on our bathing suits and headed down to the pool. Brie kept telling us to get Mickey down- referring to the Mickey at the Fantasia pool. LOL. She had a ball. She wanted to go back to the ‘poooo” or the “wawa” for the rest of the trip. We swam for about and hour, went and shopped in the resort store and then got freshened up to head to Epcot.

We all love Epcot. DH likes the beer. Gammy likes the food. When I was a kid I remember saying “Do we HAVE to go to Epcot? It’s soooo boring!” Now I absolutely love the place.

First up, a journey through history inside a giant ball. I really like what they’ve done to Spaceship Earth. Two thumbs way up! Grammy and Brie enjoyed their trip in German, thanks to Brie’s quick hands. HEHE. But wonder upon wonders, Grammy took German in college and was able to get some of it! Lucky her.

We then went over to The Seas. Rode in our clam car to go find Nemo. Brie loves “feeeeesh” so she was in heaven. I love Nemo too. I just love how they project the cartoon into the aquarium. That’s pretty darn cool. We walked around for a bit. Future World wouldn’t be open that much longer. We took a Journey with that crazy Figment fella. Brie LOVED LOVED LOVED this ride. I knew she would, it used to be one of my favorites as a kid. It was way different back then though. She loved the interactive areas after too. The light and noise sensors on the floor. We let her run around for a minute while grammy got her a plush Figment and a t-shirt. She didn’t want to leave and through a bit of a fit. But the jumping water made her forget all of her “troubles.”

We only made it to UK and Grammy was ready to throw in the towel. “Didn’t you say this was a good place to watch the fireworks?” So we camped out at a table. I was tired too, but I wanted to keep going. Oh well. We sampled some Food & Wine Fest stuff. Had some beer from the pub and listened to Off-Kilter. (Right?)

It is a great view from UK. We usually hang at Mexico and have nachos for Illuminations but I’m going with UK from now on. It was awesome as usual, but I really felt like we got to see the “whole picture.”

We made our way back to the front along with everybody else. DH had to go to the bathroom. So did everyone else at Epcot. In the women’s line people must have had to go really bad, because 2 woman were swearing at each other and physically threatening each other. Thankfully, Grammy and I waited on a bench for DH and missed the brawl. I mean really, people. Is the potty worth fighting over? And swearing and threatening in front of kids in Disney World? They get to see enough of that junk on TV. Arrgggh! That disappoints me.

So as we’re walking we see a little boy in a stroller who was maybe 3 left alone outside of the world import store. So we stand and wait to see if someone will come to claim their child. I mean really? Any weirdo could walk up, push the stroller out, and blend in with the masses. We finally see a cast member and tell him about the boy. He stands there with him, we kinda start walking, and here comes the Father of the Year. I guess he was foreign and was inside shopping. What’s the harm in taking the stroller inside? I don’t get it. The child wasn’t even in view of the doors! Oh well, couldn’t be me.

We make it to the car. Brie falls asleep immediately as usual. Grammy takes her to her room again and lets us go and explore the resort and pool bar. DH and I went and took some goofy pictures in Andy’s Room and then went back home and went to sleep.

A full and fun day at Disney.

Next up: Magic Kingdom again (cross your fingers)
Typhoon Lagoon
More Epcot

pdrlkr
10-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

faline
10-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Brie sounds like she's having a wonderful time!

DizNee143
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
another busy..fun filled day!! sounds like you are all having a nice time!:mickey:

KylesMom
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I had to laugh - I love Dinosaur, but if I really try and lose myself in the theming of the attraction, I can freak myself out, too! The breakfast sounds like a great time - I'm glad you had a much different experience than the night before.

You know, we find that the seating in Everest very much makes (or breaks) the ride. We all agree in our family that the back of the coaster is much more intense - so of course we try to get as close to the back as we can each time!

On to DHS - nice that you were able to ride some of the main attractions without crazy-type of crowds. Yep, ToT is my fav!

A great way to end the day - Illuminations - minus the poor behavior of the other guests, of course. A busy but good day! :mickey:

princessgirls
10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
All in all a great day! Thanks for the report!

Grannie is awesome. Taking Brielle and letting you and your husband have some couple time.

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
10-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

Tinkerfreak
10-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Don't you just love grandma? It is nice that you had her along and that she was actually helpful.