PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe Question

mjaclyn
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
While on vacation at WDW last week I had the delicious pleasure of having the pineapple macadamia pancakes at Kona. Does anyone know where I can find the recipe? They were SO good and I'd love to try making them...

Strmchsr
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't have one for the pineapple macadamia pancakes, but I have one for the Macadamia Pancakes with the Macadamia Nut Butter. You could probably altar this one by adding pineapple:

Yield: 12 – 15 pancakes

Ingredients for Pancakes:
1-1/4 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sift flour into medium bowl, add brown sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl. Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beat until smooth. If using an electric skillet pre-heat to 350 F; pre-heat griddle or skillet on medium until a few drops of water dance on the surface. For each pancake pour 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook on first side until bubbles form and sides look dry, flip over and cook until golden brown Top with your favorite syrup or macadamia nut butter (below).

Macadamia Nut Butter

Ingredients:
One stick butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup toasted Macadamia nuts

Combine butter, honey, and toasted Macadamias. Use a spoonful to top pancakes.

seanyred
10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
You can also call Kona Cafe and ask if you can have a copy of the recipe. I've hear many restaurants will give you the recipe to dishes if you ask.