PDA

View Full Version : do you take your towels?

mattandmandy
10-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Okay, maybe everyone knew this but me....

We just returned from our wonderful 10 day stay at CBR. I forgot something in the room and when they let me back in our mousekeeper came back in and said "You were supposed to take these home!" referring to all the cute towel animals that had been left in our room each day during our stay. She then put them in a bag for me to bring home which we happily did.

Did yall know that guests are allowed to take them home? We thought they were super cute so loved showing them off when we got home. I just never knew we were allowed to bring them home.

Just thought I'd mention it for others who maybe didn't know. :mickey:

Jen C.
10-14-2009, 03:25 PM
I"ve never taken mine home. I know I've read of some who have on here, but I have not. I just didn't feel right I guess...:confused:

vicster
10-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks - that's something I didn't know.

Seasonscraps
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
I think I did the first time I went there as an adult but it got smooshed in the suitcase. So that was that. :blush:

KylesMom
10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
We usually let DS take home one or two of his favorites at the end of our stay - but that's all. We're hard-pressed to find enough room in our suitcases on the way out, never mind the space at home! :mickey:

stitchaholic
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
i brought mine home

DVC2004
10-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I've never gotten any!

Speedy1998
10-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Nope, never taken them home.

Wow, to think of all the treasures I have left in my room over the years.

jodijo
10-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, I did not realize that. I think I will let my kids each pick one to take home on our up coming trip. It will be a great free souvenir.

Mr Wizard
10-14-2009, 07:02 PM
The first time I got one at Pop I took it with me 'cause I had been waiting for one for ever. And when we just stayed at the Poly the bell hop who came to the room to help with the bags said to take them, it' expected. I gladly agreed.

jillluvsdisney
10-14-2009, 07:44 PM
No, I have never taken any home. I assumed it would be stealing.

kemps@wdw
10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I have brought home some of them, but not all of them. Some of them are just too cute to resist. If they're well made and not in jepardy of being smooshed or falling apart, I'll take them home.

BMan62
10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
More often than not, we leave them. If they are unusual, or really done well, we take pictures of them. Like for Valentine's Day a couple years ago, they had a pair of swans set up so that their heads and necks made a big heart -- we took a few pics of that.

magicofdisney
10-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I didn't know you could take them, either, until one day our Mousekeeper told us to keep it and enjoy it. You could tell it made her happy that we appreciated her efforts.

This past trip we had a towel creation shaped like an angel. It even appears to be sewn shut at the bottom and it has flowers sewn into the fabric. I was amazed someone took the time to put it together. I definitely took that one home.

If the creation (I can't call them all animals if they're not ;)) has a lot of stickers, I just prefer to take a picture.

epceddie
10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Uh-oh. Better watch out. If Disney finds out about this, they'll probably start charging for towels (LOL).

mousetrapper
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh I'm sure it's built into the cost of staying at the resorts anyway! ;)

#1donaldfan
10-20-2009, 11:59 AM
.....darn tootin' we take 'em.....they're made for us and as such we tote 'em away....how gross it would be to not take them, because I'm SURE mousekeeping doesn't disassemble them, wash the cloth, then re-assemble for new guests....no, they would just cart 'em over to a new room for someone to play with....OOOHHH....not very clean.....:sick:

Pally
10-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Previously, I have never taken the towel animals. Although, I did from our recent August trip. It was the first time I had ever seen an elephant. It was quite elaborate. I just didn't have the heart to leave it. :mickey:

DizneyRox
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm always in need of something new to clean the cars, so I don't have any trouble finding a use for them, even the big towels.

With the rates they charge, I'm sure it's included and don't feel bad at all!

TheVBs
10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
We were told to take ours too. :cloud9:

prprincess
10-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Oh wow, I had no idea!! Like a few of the other posters here, I thought it would be stealing, too. I'd just take pictures of them for the memory, and then leave them. I feel really bad now--my boys had loved them!

jwildflower1981
10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
I've never had one made for us. Maybe next year when we go we will get one since we have a little one now. You bet I'll take it!:mickey:

sainter
10-21-2009, 01:08 AM
.....darn tootin' we take 'em.....they're made for us and as such we tote 'em away....how gross it would be to not take them, because I'm SURE mousekeeping doesn't disassemble them, wash the cloth, then re-assemble for new guests....no, they would just cart 'em over to a new room for someone to play with....OOOHHH....not very clean.....:sick:

Um, hadn't thought about this before, but how do you know that isn't exactly what happened with the towel creations you found in your room? Sorry...just a thought...:blush:

DisneyPrincess21
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm always in need of something new to clean the cars, so I don't have any trouble finding a use for them, even the big towels.

With the rates they charge, I'm sure it's included and don't feel bad at all!

I'm confused by your post, are you saying you take the regular towels?
Or are you saying you take the precious towel animals and take them apart to clean your car?!?!?!?! :sob:

I have my 2 towel animals from my last trip in december on my dresser. They are a mommy turkey and a baby turkey. They are so cute i could never dream of leaving them behind, or taking them apart for other uses. :nono:

KH
10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
We usually take one or two.

And now we get them at home! On our Disney Wonder cruise this summer my DD bought a "how to make towel animals" book. Lots of fun!

Just-Keep-Swimming
10-24-2009, 02:01 PM
what resort have these???:bambi: i have stayed at both values(music & movie) and at moderates(POR & POFQ) next trip we will be at Caribbean Beach!!

Will they have them there?!?:confused:

TammiMcMan
10-24-2009, 06:22 PM
what resort have these???:bambi: i have stayed at both values(music & movie) and at moderates(POR & POFQ) next trip we will be at Caribbean Beach!! The only way to guarantee a towel creation, is to take a Disney cruise. Otherwise, it's completely hit or miss. The towel animals are not resort specific and seem to be more about the creativity of certain housekeepers. We've been staying onsite since the 1980's and only once have we received a towel animal (I brought it home and still have it as a reminder).

thumperbug
10-24-2009, 07:02 PM
wow...considering how many times I've been, I never knew you could take them. My last trip there were at least 4 towel creations in our villa, we left them thinking we would get charged to taking them. Same thing on our DCL. Now I won't feel so bad if I take one home on my next trip.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
When my children were young mouse-keeping left several and the kids wrote a note asking if they were allowed to take them home. Mouse-keeping said that's why we make them.:mickey:
We've brought them home every trip even though my kids are now 17 & 16. They decorate our Mickey bathroom! Toothbrush holders, wall hangings etc.

DisneyPrincess21
10-24-2009, 10:06 PM
what resort have these???:bambi: i have stayed at both values(music & movie) and at moderates(POR & POFQ) next trip we will be at Caribbean Beach!!

They have them at all of the Disney resorts. It just is up to what mousekeeper you get if you get towel creatures or not. i have seen photo's of little washcloth towel creatures at CBR that are suppose to be a "pirate ducky" it is really cute. It had a little patch over it's one eye LOL.

When I stayed at POFQ last year for my first time on property I got a mama turkey and baby turkey. They are displayed proudly on my dresser in my bedroom.

I am staying at CBR for the first time in 5 weeks i'll let you know what towel creatures I get.

mattandmandy
10-26-2009, 05:43 PM

We got them every day at CBR. They were all cute but my favorites were probably the easiest ones they do....she made ghosts for us on Oct 1st!

Not only did we love the creations but the way our mousekeeper arranged things for us every day. One night when we got back she had take my sons stuffed animals and arranged them around a park map so it looked like they were reading it. So cute!!

mrsgaribaldi
10-26-2009, 06:09 PM
We took a few but have nothing to do with them at home so now we just take a pic and leave them.:mickey:

SurferStitch
10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I've taken a few of the small ones home. I have an adorable ducky on my desk, and DH has a chick on his. I don't bring all of them home because I just don't have the room to keep them.

I never bring home the large towel critters we get. Those have never been sewn or glued together, and didn't have stickers or anything like that, so they are totally washable/reusable. To me, that would be stealing. I take pictures of the big ones instead. Now, if it's sewn together and decorated with flowers and all (like previously mentioned), that's different. I probably still wouldn't take it (again, room restrictions at home), but I don't see a problem with that.

BigThunderFan
10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow, I wish we had known about this last time! I hope when we are at Pop in January we get a mousekeeper that is in the advanced towel animal class :)

Last time we had some really cute ones too. We didn't even see the ones in the window until the last day! They loved to take our kid's animals (monkey & dog) and put them with the towel animals. It is so great to have someone that cares that much to take care of your room.

Don't forget to leave tips for your mousekeepers if you feel they have done a great job!:thumbsup:

DisneyFan1979
10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
We never really got any until about 2 years ago at the Beach Club - that time our mousekeeper made us a cute bunny and duck: she told us they were ours to keep and we took both home as souvenirs.

On our last trip at the Poly we just got a big towel Mickey head on our bed everyday, so while cute it wasn't something particularly elaborate to take home with us.