PDA

View Full Version : Does your family get tierd of your obb. with planning?

Twinkletoes77705
10-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Just wondering how it is for all of you. I am talking about a trip I am taking months from now on a daily basis...my family wants to shoot me. I know they are tierd of it. They say stuff like "well, we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to plan first" Yet I tell them "yes , but those come every year at the same time, not like we need to plan for thise" Then they come up with the " yea, but it is so far away" I come back with a "yes it is, but we need to make ADR's and have a plan est." it goes on non stop. What I have come to realize, it is not always JUST planning, I just want to talk about it all the time, because I get that bubbly feeling in my tummy just talking about it. I am the only one like that...well my older son is too (he is autistic and talks about it non stop too) Just wondering if yalls family gets tierd of it too...or if they are as big of Disney nuts as yourself. I NEVER get tierd of it. If I got paid for every word that was related to Disney Word that came out of my mouth I would be RICH. I think I have a serious problem :secret: Ok...I am going to say it....Hello my name is Jeannie...it has been 2 years since my last Disny trip...Disney World is a place not a life....NOT! :D

prprincess
10-14-2009, 11:43 AM
My husband definitely does! This time around he got so tired of me asking him about ADRs, he flat out told me that from here on out I'm allowed to plan every aspect of our WDW trips on my own. Which is perfectly fine with me!! :thumbsup:

So you are not alone!

Twinkletoes77705
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
My husband (who is not going this time) has not pulled the plug on me...I am not allowed to mention WDW until the month we leave...FOR REAL! :down:

snuggs30
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Wow this totally sounds like me! My son is Autistic too and that is all he talks about! :cloud9: My fiance does not like to hear about it all the time. He told me the other day to hush about it till we leave (which is in 15 days)! I want to talk about it too because I get that feeling in my stomach also! So no you are not weird, I am weird with you..haha! Oh well! It makes the days go faster! If you need to talk about PM me and we can have our own conversations about it everyday! haha:party::mickey:

Wadeace
10-14-2009, 03:03 PM
my family understands the need for ADRs in advanced, we have 5 at our smallest, and 7 to more normally, so trying to get a walk up seating takes forever. but other than ADRs we dont usually shape our days around the ADRs and see what happens.

Twinkletoes77705
10-14-2009, 03:33 PM
My problem is I don't care wethr it is adr's or just talking about when we leave and what our favorite ride is. I am obbsessed :secret: I wake up thinking about it and go to bed dreaming about it. All my kids I teach at church even know it is the ONLY place I wanna go. It's like that Blind Melon video No Rain and I am the thittle bee trying to find my place here on earth ... Then I walk into MK, strap on a pair of ears buy a ballon and weeeeee...I'm off...OMGoodness Im sick arnt I? I need to relocate and live closer to my calling

Mickeysbrother
10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
I love it! This sounds just like me. Luckily, my DW and DS are just as obsessed so it doesn't bother them. I actually make schedules and "iteneraries", they just get a kick out of it and we have a lot of fun with it. And we usually never follow it, even after all my planning. We also constantly watch our vacation videos, I do a lot of taping while we're there. We def. have a Disney obsession and we're not ashamed of it!

Genie1953
10-14-2009, 10:31 PM
You all sound just like me! I talk about DisneyWorld all the time to whoever I can get to listen. My husband is so sweet....he just sits there and listens to me ramble on and on and throws in a word here and there. The other day I asked him if he was getting tired of listening to me and he said no, but I know he must be getting tired of it. But gosh....there is so much planning to do for a trip...even 5 months out. This past weekend my sister in law and her husband were here visiting so I found a new audience who was very much interested in my DisneyWorld chatter and asked lots of questions. Was pure heaven to have a very interested party to talk Disney to.

:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
10-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Yes I know exactly what you are talking about. I am so obsessed I just talk about it all the time. I will get the :rolleyes: from DH and DD's. We almost canceled our trip for this year because I felt like they were bored with it and that I was the only one who wanted to go. After fibbing to them that I had canceled the trip they came to me a week later asking if it was too late to still go. I told them I thought they were sick of it and they said "no mom we are just sick of hearing you talk about it every minute of the day, you don't give us a chance to miss it" :blush: I was happy I had not canceled it.

Ltmoko
10-15-2009, 08:59 AM
My DW is sick of me talking about it! I've been planning for 10 months. She is sick of hearing about it after a month or so. Oh Well, I dont care, All my planning makes our trip go smooth.

xipetotec
10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Just wondering how it is for all of you. I am talking about a trip I am taking months from now on a daily basis...my family wants to shoot me. I know they are tierd of it. They say stuff like "well, we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to plan first" Yet I tell them "yes , but those come every year at the same time, not like we need to plan for thise" Then they come up with the " yea, but it is so far away" I come back with a "yes it is, but we need to make ADR's and have a plan est." it goes on non stop. What I have come to realize, it is not always JUST planning, I just want to talk about it all the time, because I get that bubbly feeling in my tummy just talking about it. I am the only one like that...well my older son is too (he is autistic and talks about it non stop too) Just wondering if yalls family gets tierd of it too...or if they are as big of Disney nuts as yourself. I NEVER get tierd of it. If I got paid for every word that was related to Disney Word that came out of my mouth I would be RICH. I think I have a serious problem :secret: Ok...I am going to say it....Hello my name is Jeannie...it has been 2 years since my last Disny trip...Disney World is a place not a life....NOT! :D

funny thing is MY MOTHER is the DVC member, she bought it so she could take us and the grandkids to Disney. However, having become the obsessed Disney fan, I'm the one who does all the planning INCLUDING the DVC reservations ( she made me an associate ). So whenever I tell her or DW all about what I heard TODAY about Disney or about our trip, I do often get eyerolls. My mother, who travels frequently, will say stuff like "Well I'm not worrying about that cause I have a trip next month" ... well that's great... but I don't :) haha...

I'll tell you one thing though, they suuuure appreciate it when I get an ADR that nobody else can get cause I actually bothered to book it far out enough!

DVC2004
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah it's up to me now. I'll ask them all is there anywhere they want to eat or anything special they want to do and go from there. If they say no, I'll give them my list. Usually that spurs a request. Other than that, they don't participate any more in the planning. And it's fine. We all have a good time when we go and that is all that matters.