PDA

View Full Version : Attention to detail strikes again.

azcavalier
10-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I think we can all agree that one of the reasons we love Disney Theme Parks is because of the attention to detail that Disney employs. However, I noticed something else this time that just really impressed me.

When going through the queue for the Haunted Mansion, I looked up and noticed that all of the light bulbs in a chandelier had something on them. They were mantles, like you would find in a gas Coleman lantern. Every single light bulb had a mantle pulled over it so that you couldn't see the filaments in the electric lights, and it simulated dim gas lamps. So I looked through out the ride and saw them on every bulb. A couple had been dislodged so you could see the filament, but but for the most part, it was consistent. That just blew me away, that they would add that detail of realism (in a ride that's not at all realistic). If this had been...I don't know....Six Flags or one of the Cedar Point parks, they probably would have just been content with dimming the electric flame tip shaped bulbs.

#1donaldfan
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
....good eye....I've not seen that one !!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
10-14-2009, 12:32 PM
That is what sets Disney apart from everyone else. The attention to detail from the attractions to the guest service.

GrumpyFan
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Here's a link to another thread discussing Disney's attention to detail. It's always amazing when you find these things for yourself.

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=153154

Greenlawler
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I do think Islands of Adventure has comparible attention to detail but Disney is amazing. They also have a little larger budget than a Six Flags

EJS-Houston
10-15-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll have to make a point of checking out the lamps in the Haunted Mansion when I'm there in 3 weeks (but who's counting?!). Good eye!

darthmacho
10-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow, any pictures of this detail out there. I guess pictures on HM aren't easy to come by, and would draw a lot of complaints. :mickey:

I hope I remember to notice that detail on next year's trip.