PDA

View Full Version : BIrthday 2009

FRANKTASMIC
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Has anyone taken advantage of the free entry into the park on your birthday? Tell me about your experience. I will be going on the 19th and 20th for myself and my Daughters birthday, and I want to know what to expect.:number1:

Disney4us2
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I did back in April for my birthday. It was very easy. I also upgraded to a park hopper ticket and was given a 2 day park hopper ticket.

Happy Birthday:party:

tinkwest
10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Simple. Take your online ticket you receive after you register and go to a ticket booth. Show your ID, receive your pass for the day, get a birthday button, and you're done. You will be surprised at how many birthday buttons you will see during the day.

I upgraded to an annual pass that day using the value of my birthday ticket towards the amount due for my chosen annual pass and paid the difference.

teamblackwell
10-15-2009, 01:40 AM
We will also be at DLR 19-23. Lucky us, we have 2 birthdays that week in October. It's wierd, they emailed us my "golden ticket" but not my DW's, we registered the same day. I hope it won't be too much trouble at the ticket booth. Weather looks great for next week. We got tickets to Mickey's Halloween party on Thursday and Fantasmic dessert experience on Friday.
Anyone else gonna be at DLR next week?

NotaGeek
10-15-2009, 02:24 AM
You don't need anything at the ticket booth other than your ID ... the 'golden ticket" is just a gimmick to get you excited. There's nothing to worry about.

FRANKTASMIC
10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Everyone was right, I gave the ticket booth my ID and golden ticket, they handed me my birthday button, and park ticket. Easy as pie. I could not believe how many people had birthday buttons, what a great idea to get people into their parks. The only bad thing is a lot of cast member don't wish people happy birthday, but from what I saw there were so many birthday, celebrating, honorable citizen, and other buttons being warn, it would be really hard to wish greetings to each one. I'll give them that one. When I went two years ago on my birthday I would say 90% of the cast members greeted me. All in all, had a great birthday. Trip report comming...:mickey:

ozmom
10-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Happy Belated Birthday - Looking forward to your report. :mickey: