PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dinning Plan -Counter Service Drink Question

ChinaMama
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
We tend to eat our table services at our resort. MY DD is required to have water at her meals for medicine reasons so she has lemonade or an occassional orange soda with her snacks during the daytime. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an issue if we save an UNUSED soft drink cup that we would get with her counter service meal.

I would normally think to maybe fill it and take it back to the room with us but if we eat late in the day and head back to go to bed it will sit in the cup all night and the cup would get all "mushy" by morning- if you know what I mean?

I just didn't know if anyone knew if there was a policy.

Thanks!

It'sWDW4me
10-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't know of any specific policy (other than that it's non-alcoholic) about the drink that comes with the TS meal. Considering the venues, it's probably a "use it or lose it" type of thing.

Hmmm, I would suggest either:

1 - expain the situation to your server and ask if it's at all possible for him to wrangle up a bottle of soda for your DD so that she could enjoy it another time (like with her snack). I'm not very hopeful that this would be possible but, heck, it's worth asking for.

2 - take a screw-capped bottle with you, order the soda along with a water and pour the soda immediately into your bottle. If you take a small stiffer piece of paper, you could make an impromtu funnel that would last just long enough to get the soda into the bottle. It may not be as fizzy as a regularly bottled soda but I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad if she drank it the next afternoon.

It'sWDW4me
10-14-2009, 09:49 AM
I just re-read your post - you'd probably have much better luck getting a bottled soda with a counter service meal than you would at a table service meal. But , I would definitely ask when ordering. Good luck!

BrerGnat
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Why not just get the refillable mug at the resort you are staying at? (assuming you'll be at a WDW resort). That way, you can get her soda/lemonade at LEAST at the resort.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with saving the unused soda cup...as far as I know, they will not fill up a paper soda cup at another location, as they have NO idea whether it was used or not, regardless of what you tell them. If they allowed that, people would be rinsing out and keeping their cups and getting free refills all over property!

Unfortunately, I think the only thing you can do is pay out of pocket for any soft drinks your DD wants, or use snack credits for them.