PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Pink Lemonade?

Gator
10-13-2009, 07:40 PM
I remember being at DL back in the 80's and 90's and ordering pink lemonade. And when I went to WDW for the first time in June 02, I ordered it alot. I felt it kept me hydrated better than all the sodas. I can't remember if it was there in 2004, but on our 06 and 08 trips, they had replaced it with MinuteMaid Lite....and it was nasty!:ack: I wish they'd bring back Pink Lemonade.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
DD and I lived on the pink lemonade when we were at Disney for our first trips (she hates anything carbonated). But, I don't mind the Minute Maid Light, at least it is a different no-sugar option, something better than Diet Coke!

BrerGnat
10-14-2009, 01:37 PM
I have to agree that I much prefer Minute Maid Lite to pink lemonade.

While the perception is that regular lemonade keeps you better hydrated than soda, it's just not true. Any sugary drink does not hydrate you well. It may feel better going down, since it's not carbonated, and the lemon flavor is "refreshing", it will make you more thirsty instead of less.

I LOVE Minute Maid lite! I hardly drink soda at all, and I am very happy that they offer this drink in the parks now (and at most restaurants too!). I find the taste really good, and I think it ACTUALLY quenches my thirst, since it has no sugar.

Do they still sell the FROZEN pink lemonades at the ice cream carts? They do at Disneyland. You could get your pink lemonade "fix" from there. :thumbsup:

Mysttree
10-14-2009, 01:55 PM
While I agree that sugar is not good for you...you do realize that ALL the no sugar substitutes are actually WORSE for you in the long run.
No one should abuse sugar- which unfortunately most of us do...
But the health consequences of these so-called no-sugar substitutes are really REALLY BAD!
I'd seriously re-consider drinking anything that uses them. The chemical structures of these super-processed sugar substitutes...other than the natural sweetener Stevia have serious side-effects. To the point that they are documented in the PDF (physicians Desk reference).
Just FYI...

BrerGnat
10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Not to discount the notion that artificial sweeteners aren't good for you, but for every anecdotal account I read of "bad side effects from aspartame" there is one for "bad side effects from high fructose corn syrup."

So...which is the lesser evil?

Personally, I drink WATER (plain, unflavored) about 99% of the time. I drink lemonade (or light lemonade) only with certain foods, like Mexican, since it helps with the spicy factor. :)

Gator
10-14-2009, 04:50 PM
While the perception is that regular lemonade keeps you better hydrated than soda, it's just not true. Any sugary drink does not hydrate you well. It may feel better going down, since it's not carbonated, and the lemon flavor is "refreshing", it will make you more thirsty instead of less.

Actually, it's the sodium and caffeine in sodas that makes you thirsty. And sodas just seem to be sticky in my mouth, probably from the elevated levels of fructose corn syrup. Pink Lemonade didn't leave the stickiness in my mouth PLUS it has a higher water content than sodas. The taste that MMLite leaves in my mouth is terrible. I actually started looking for a water fountain of Orlando-tap to wash it out.

And I think you're disagreeing just because the Gators beat the Vols this year....again.:D

BrerGnat
10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
And I think you're disagreeing just because the Gators beat the Vols this year....again.:D

I don't even know what this means. :blush:

The minute maid pink lemonade also has high fructose corn syrup in it...

In fact, if you look at the nutrition labels for Pink Lemonade vs. Coca Cola Classic, the fact is, per 12 oz serving:

Pink lemonade has 150 cal, 42 g carbs (40g sugar)

Coca Cola Classic has 145.5 cal, 40.5 g carbs (39 g sugar).

SO...the verdict is that it is a matter of PERCEPTION which one is less "sugary".

BowTie7
10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
The resorts have been offering more non- carbonated tea offerings (at least in the food courts, I really don't remember at the parks), with a dispenser with 4 choices.

SillySymphony
10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Little known fact: Disney CS locations are very good about offering visitors cups of ice water (which I'm happy about when beverages can easily account for half of your day's food allotment). We carry those little pouches of "diet" water flavorings. Pop one in and you have a very reasonable option to high-priced drinks, including bottled water. Orlando's water supply has consistently been awarded high marks for its purity, though the mineral content does take some by surprise as it adds to its, uh... shall we say, ambiance???

Polynesian Dweller
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
There are a couple of places at WDW that serve Pink Lemonade. Both Cantina San Angel and Tangerine Cafe at Epcot offered it last week when we were there.