PDA

View Full Version : Room choice at Wilderness Lodge?

ledudes
10-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Any suggestions for the best room to request at WL?

KylesMom
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Are you speaking of the type of view to book, or are you requesting an actual room number to put on your reservation?

ledudes
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Either.
When we stayed at the Polynesian I remember a website that explained all the different rooms and locations and we ended up with an incredible room and view without paying any extra. I was just curious if anyone had any similar tips for WL

Gregandmel
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
We got a "Courtyard View" at WL and our room # was 4169 and loved it. (HOwever, it was a bunk-bed room, but anything close to that would be good). It sat on the corner and there was hardly any noise at all from other guests going down the hallways. We were right by the stairs that led outdoors to the pool so it was very convenient. It had a great view of everything and we could even see the Electric Water Pagent float by at night. I think anything on the upper floors (3rd or 4th) are good. But again - depends on if you are doing "standard view" or "courtyard view" or "woods view". I can only speak for the courtyard view. Good luck - and honestly - staying at WL you will enjoy it no matter what!!! Fantastic place! :cloud9:

ibrowse17
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
We had a great courtyard room on the 6th floor, and had an enclosed balcony. It was high enough to get away from most of the pool noise, and offered wonderful views of the courtyard and lake:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
10-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Any suggestions for the best room to request at WL?

1) You need to be more specific.
2) Are you looking for the best room for
. . . short walks to the elevator?
. . . nearest the food?
. . . overlooking views of the lobby?
. . . longer walks, but quiet?
. . . fireworks views?
. . . lake views?
. . . woods views?
. . . pool views?
3) There are a lot of different types of "best" rooms.

kemps@wdw
10-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Depends on your definition of "best". What are you looking for specifically. Here's what we found.
MK View - facing MK (obviously). We could see the castle and monorail thru the trees and could watch Wishes from our balcony. Also, could see the resort delivery area, and some of the parking lot.
Woods View - pretty self explanatory...Woods!
But very pretty.
Lodge View - Our room was 4th floor directly over the WCC. Loved sitting in the rockers and enjoying people watching. Even got to witness a wedding. A little loud though til the WCC was closed.
Courtyard View - Our fave. Room was 4th floor kinda over the pool bar. Our view of the pool and Bay Lake was awesome, and we enjoyed just kickin back on the balcony. Usually people in the pool til late, sometimes loud.

Hope this helps. And I know you'll enjoy your stay there!

Jpxv
10-15-2009, 12:00 AM
My wife and I stayed in a courtyard view room on the sixth floor. Beautiful view of Bay Lake in the morning and the water parade at night

KylesMom
10-15-2009, 10:09 AM
we ended up with an incredible room and view without paying any extra With the way W/L is set up, the best views are definitely the ones you pay for. Standard view on our first W/L stay in '06 was Standard view room #6064, which was pretty good since we could see part of Wishes over the trees. Lousiest room we've been assigned is Standard View #4042 - in the corner right above the electrical equipment.

Easily the best view we had was Courtyard View 4045 (with A/P special rate) - just gorgeous, overlooking the stream, the pool & Bay Lake. I have never been one for paying extra for a room view, but when we were assigned 4042 this past trip I started to re-think my decision. Thank goodness they were able to move us after a few days!

darthmacho
10-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Two points to consider from my experience.

1. When we stayed in 1998, we paid for a "Woods" view, which indeed faced the trees, and we had wonderful views of nesting birds. The one glitch was that it cou,ld easily have been called the "Bus Stop" view, because it was almost directly on top of it, and we could hear buses coming and going at all hours.

2. We were way up on the 6th floor, but our room overlooked the lobby. It was a great spot, but the noise from Whispering Canyon carried all the way up at all hours of the day, and it was particularly raucous during breakfast and dinner hours, which are actually quite early and late if you are looking to sleep in or go to bed early.

Keep in mind, these aren't really complaints, just observations. We loved our room, and I was so anamored on what was our first trip, that I actually felt joy every morning to hear people having such a great time downstairs.

I hope these details are helpful.

Aggie97
10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Last year we had Courtyard View room #6011. The view was beautiful, but we would have loved to have a more open balcony, rather than the enclosed-style balcony found on the upper floors.

We will have a Courtyard View room again in a couple weeks. When I made the reservation I requested a room with a Silver Creek view, on the 3rd, 4th or 5th floor.

One thing to note -- some Courtyard View rooms face the VWL, so if you want to face the big "main" courtyard, I was told to request a Silver Creek view. :mickey:

diz_girl
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Here's my experience -

2031 (Courtyard View) - Bad view and somewhat inconvenient location - it was only convenient to the laundry, Roarking Fork and the boat launch. It had an enclosed balcony and looked directly at Artist Point. So at night you really need to keep your curtains closed or else the Artist Point diners can see everything that you do. Also, you have to lean over the rail to get a view of anything good. I'd avoid anything in the 2001-203X range, as the only way to get to the room was to walk down the ramp toward Roaring Fork and go up the elevator to the second floor. If you needed to stay inside the hotel, you couldn't avoid the ramp. My Father, Mother and BIL swore off the WL because of the ramp. It's the monorail from now on.

6XXX (Woods View) - You saw trees and the smokehouse and you could see some of the fireworks. Not close to anything at all. It was OK.

2125 (Standard View - that was what was listed on the bill) - I loved this room. This was the best location in all of WL, but if you're looking for a view, you might want a room a little down the hall. The balcony was odd, but interesting - it was inside one of the stone bottoms of the corner courtyard pillars. You had to stand up to look at anything, because the balcony was entirely surrounded by stone, except for a small window that looked out at the courtyard. It was still nice to go out there and listen to the waterfall. This room was one door away from the exit that leads to Silver Creek. I never got on an elevator, as it was at lobby level and you got to the room by walking down the corridor behind the elevators. Close to the lobby and restaurants, close to the bus stop, close to the store and close to the restaurants. To get to the boat launch, we just walked a few steps to the door by Silver Creek, went down the stairs behind the waterfall, and along the path to the shuttle. We also took that route to get to Roaring Fork, since going down the stairs avoided the ramp altogether. This is a handicapped-accessible king room, so it only sleeps two. Again, for this location, just ask for a room just down the hall a little from this room, in the 21XX range with a Silver Creek or main Courtyard view.

Good luck!

scootch713
10-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I asked for a specific room the past two times and got it both times. First time, I was alone with my girls so asked to be near lobby....second time, dd had a sore foot so asked to be near buses. Just added it to my request and got it.

our happy place
10-17-2009, 07:11 PM
we stayed in September and our room was 6048
it was a standard veiw so it was the lowest price. we were above the delivery area so the veiw looking down was not so great but we had a perfect veiw of the monarail going into the
Contemporary and the fireworks at Magic Kingdom !!

ledudes
10-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks everybody....I'll have to weigh all these choices. If I have a water pageant view, would that also be a fireworks view room?

KylesMom
10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
If I have a water pageant view, would that also be a fireworks view room? Actually, no. The courtyard view may allow you to see the water pageant, while a standard (or sometimes woods view) may allow you to see the high fireworks from Wishes.