PDA

View Full Version : No expiration passes

gerald72
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I was considering buying 10 day park passes with No expiration, water parks fun and more, and park hopping options. I figure these passes may last me three or four vacations.
My only concern is: Do I really want to be carrying $2k worth (4 people) of passes around the parks. Will these passes be replaced if they should get lost?

John
10-12-2009, 05:09 PM
If you a) write down the serial numbers on the tickets or b) photocopy them and report them as soon as they are lost, you should be good to go :)

They can be replaced.

It'sWDW4me
10-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm 99% sure that yes, they can be replaced. Definitely keep the pass numbers in a safe place - you'll need to give them the # of the one that got lost.

Pirate Granny
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
We do this all the time for the family (I get an annual pass)...I have various 10 day non-expiring passes...when we get home, I collect the passes and we put a piece of masking tape with the person's initial; number of days left for the parks and options...It helps me keep them straight, and we spread out the need for passes...HOWEVER...the price for the non-expiring is really high now a days...and we may rethink this system...
:pirate:

BMan62
10-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Stupid Question: Could the recent use of biometrics create problems with non-expiration tickets? It would seem, to me, that as one ages, their biometrics could change - fingers getting thicker (fatter) or thinner, calcification of bones, etc.

Just asking...

DizneyRox
10-13-2009, 09:16 AM
An ID is usually enough to get them to reset the scan.

Besides, now I'm fairly confident it's a fingerprint, and if that's good enough for the govt...

LoriSan
10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
A CM gave me to tip about the PhotoPass cards, that would also work with your passes, in case they get lost. If you have a digital camera, take a picture of the serial number. If they got lost, you can just scroll back through your photos for the number.

CleveRocks
10-13-2009, 09:58 PM
ANother good thing to do with park ticket numbers/PhotoPass card numbers is e-mail them to yourself and/or call your home/office voice-mail and read them out loud. This way, you can't lose them, but you could possibly lose your camera.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I photocopy the front & back and have advised friends and family to do the same. A friend did lose his and still had the photo copy so they replaced it for the number of days still left on it, with no questions asked.
I like the idea of taking a digital photo too because then you don't have to run back to the hotel or wherever you have your photocopy to get it replaced.
And no it is not actually a fingerprint that they are taking. We use bimetric time clocks where I work, and they work the exact same way. They'll reset it if it isn't working for you anymore.