PDA

View Full Version : disney vacation March 20

happy day
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
With high prices for hotel and airfare, and crowds being in the high zone, is it worth taking a trip during this time of year.

Gregandmel
10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Well - you will be hitting Spring Breaker's, but you won't be hitting Spring Breakers AND the Easter Crowds. I have never been during this time, but I know it's crowded from what I read. However, getting to the parks at rope-drop, utilizing FP's and having a game plan will benefit you tremendously and you can actually get quite a bit done in the first 2 hours. Good luck with your decision!! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2009, 09:40 PM
We went one year during March and it was busy but, we still did what we wanted to do. We didn't have kids yet, so, it was easy for just DH and I. Not as busy as the easter crowds though.

We have been the week after Easter and it was crowded. However, that was our honeymoon and first time to WDW so, we didn't know any better.

With that said, we will always be going during low attendance times. Just our preference. However, if it were the choice between busy time or no trip at all, I will take the trip without hesitation.

Disneyfirsttimer
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
For our first trip, we arrived the day after Easter and left on Sunday to go home. It was crowded, but we had a great first experience. Parks are open later, extra buses are on, etc. Our kids were young too (4 and 6). We managed very well. Our next trip was in Oct when it is suppose to be quieter. We found it worse than Spring Break/Easter and still comment about it. The Halloween party was absolutely crazy and we went on what was suppose to be a down night. Not!

That said, our next trip is March 27-April 3. We get home the day before Easter. I am expecting crowds, but I think we can manage them :thumbsup:.

Karyn