PDA

View Full Version : so can most resort TS locations get kids food that isn't on the menu?

LoriSan
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
We ate at 1900 Park Faire last month, and there was nothing on the buffet that my very picky DS4 would eat. They were able to get a hot dog from another restaurant for me. :number1:

I wonder if all resort TS locations can do this? It would certainly give me more options with ADRs. I know when we eat at Coral Reef, we always get chicken nuggets from a CS location and bring them in with us.

seanyred
10-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I don't know for sure but I do think that almost every TS has the basics: Hot Dogs, Burgers, Chicken, Fries...etc.

btharvey
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't count on the restaurant being able to get you more than the basics: hot dog, burger, chicken nuggets, mac 'n cheese. Some might even have difficulty with that, depending on the restaurant and the staff at the time.

If you have such a picky eater, I'd recommend either packing something that will substitute for what they have yourself (PBJ comes to mind) or letting the picky eater learn that sometimes life presents you choices you don't like, and you need to pick the lesser of two evils. Four years old is not too young to start down that path, but also packing something that you know will be liked can be the last resort.

Peanut butter? Jelly? Cheese with a cold pack? Even packaged hot dogs will do well (they're fully cooked ... it's just psychological that you need them heated and "cooked" in some manner). Vienna sausages, too. SPAM! ********* Deviled Ham and Chicken spreads. Those little tubs of mac 'n cheese or "canned" ravioli. The restaurant might even microwave it for you.

Find how what he likes of lots of portable and as many non-refrigerated choices as possible and take them along. That's my two cents.

DVC2004
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I think sometimes some can do it because they can get it from another restaurant- for example when my kids were younger they didn't want the meal at Ohana. They were able to order the chicken fingers which I am pretty sure came from Kona right next door. that's what I think some are able to do.

bkfree
10-13-2009, 10:11 AM
We have found that most all TS have been very accomodating in finding things our kids would eat especially my autistic son.

For example-
Spoodles made them sweet potatoe fries when they did not have a side item my kids would eat.
Boma Dinner Buffett- My kids really wanted some french fries to go with the awesome crispy chicken wings on the buffet. Our waiter disappeared to the kitchen and returned with a huge platter of freshly cooked fries for the kids. Just like magic.
We have also taken CS chicken nuggets to La Cellier for our son. Our waiter was great, seeing what we had done he very non chalantly plated his food, brought him a drink and also brought him dessert when our daughter got hers.
Although I am always a bit nervous about my son and his sensory food issues, we have always found plenty for him to eat and it has never been an issue at all.
I do research all the menus beforehand so that I know what he will eat and plan accordingly.