PDA

View Full Version : Best resort for a 6 year old princess

ToraTory
10-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Over the past years at work, I have become known as the "WDW expert" (just like most of you, right). I can answer just about any question about the parks, dining, and especially the resorts as I've stayed at all but 2 (yes, I'm working on that :) ). Well someone has stumped me! Since I do not have any little kids and it's been a long time since I have, I find myself needing some help.

What would be the best resort for my friend and her six year old daughter? From what I can gather her daughter is definitely a "girly girl" and MOm is willing to pay for a really nice vacation. I'm cool with recommending activities and dining but I'm not sure on the resort. Should I suggest a monorail resort for it's proximity to MK? Or AKL for the animals, or CBR for the cool pool? What do you think?

thanks -- tory

Jen C.
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I would recommend GF, and specifically suggest teh tea. I feel it to be most "girlie", yet generally kid friendly at the same time.

Patricia
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
If money is not an issue, I'd have them look at resorts online and let the Princess pick. Unless it's a surprise.

Just out of curiosity, I'll have 8 girly girls (5-7 year olds) in the house tomorrow and do a poll for you.

mjaclyn
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I think a real princess would LOVE to be able to see Cinderella Castle from her window and watch the fireworks from there as well. We just stayed at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary and the views are amazing! It's also incredibly convenient to be on the monorail, especially when you have kids.

Goofeygal
10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I agree with a castle view room.

scootch713
10-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Definitely Contemporary( or bay lake tower) with a Magic Kingdom view... nothing else like it! We actually were upgraded to these rooms when I took my neice with cancer. When we got home, my dd(who was 7 at the time) told daddy(who didnt' go on the trip with us) that she knew where we were staying for the rest of our trips! :cloud9: I wish!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
If you want frilly and pretty and price isn't a concern....the Grand Floridian probably would be a good bet.....I think most kids really don't care as long as they are at Disneyworld...Why not go to the Disney website and show her the pictures of each resort and let her pick?