PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside

quicksand
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
We are planning our next Disney vacation. :cloud9: We are a family of 5 and POR seems to be the cheapest option for our family. The only thing that scares me is the SIZE of this resort. We want to be close buses and dining, not pools. Does anyone know how long the walk is from the back of the property to the main building (check in and dining)?
Also, If we chose a water view, will we be in a building closer to the main building. Someone please help calm my nerves! :blush:

It'sWDW4me
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm assuming you'll be in Alligator Bayou with a trundle bed for your 5th person? If that's the case, the buildings closest to the main building (check in/dining) are #14 (the closest), 15, or 18 (this one's right next to a quiet pool). Your best bets for a water view would be buildings 14 or 18. You can add a building request to your reservation at any time.

Check out the POR(top of map)/POFQ(bottom of map) map here on INTERCOT: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/pofq07.JPG

Do check out the main pool on 'Ol Man Island at least once during your stay - it has a pretty cool theme.

Have a blast!

azcavalier
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
It's a little walk to the main lobby and dining areas, but not too bad. Five minutes, maybe? And if you chose a water view (which would not be worth it, IMHO), that would put you closest to the river, which would indeed put you closer to the main building. Since there are four bus stops, you'll never be very far from one. We actually prefer staying closer to one of the outlying bus stops and farther from the main lobby.

We love this resort because of it's theming and convenient bus service. It's also QUIET.

vicster
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
If you want a small resort you might try POFQ. It's a nice quiet resort and everything's within walking distance.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
We just returned from a week at POR and were in building 24 of Alligator Bayou. The walk (and we are not slow walkers) was 10 minutes each way to and from the main building. However, the west bus depot was just outside our building. It was a very long walk at the end of days to get a soda etc. I won't stay there again, just out of fear of being placed so far away again.

POFQ does not have the trundle beds, so it's probably not an option for you. If your youngest/smallest child is over about the age of 8, they will NOT fit on the trundle bed. It's just a little bit larger than a crib mattress. I thought they would be bigger.

cfoshe
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
we have stayed there 2 times, and staying their in dec. We have stayed in building 18 and think 20. it was about 5 to 10 min walk to the main building. My son is 15, and has no problem with sleeping on the trundle bed, and he is 5' 4". The trundle bed is a hire smaller than the standard twin bed that is in the rooms. It slide under one of them, usuall closetest to the door. We love this resort, it is very quiet, and a very plesant walk to the main building.

felix18
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
As a senior, senior citizen I had no problem walking around the whole of POR. We stayed in the mansions once and in the Bayou once and loved it altho I liked the Bayou the best-great for a family of 5. We had plenty of room and did not have a problem walking to the food court. The bus stop was right out back so very easy. I think you will like it there-it is not as big as CBR and I can also walk around that one. Have a great time!!!

Mitzie
10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
We are also a family of 5 and stayed at POR in the bayou section. We loved it. Be careful about the water view thing. If I am not mistaken that can also mean a view of one of the quiet pools so you could still end up a ways from the main building. We were in building 36 and real close to a bus stop. The walk to the main building wasn't bad and kind of meanders. We always enjoyed the walk for it's scenic properties. We even got a little lost a few times but always found our way home. Someone had decorated their window for halloween which helped a bunch in making sure we were on the right path. We have stayed at BC and CRS and POR is till our favorite! Go and enjoy.:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
.....there are 4 bus depots, so no matter where you stay you'll be close to a bus, however I like being close to the main building / food court, so we try to get bldg. 14, 18 or 27....from any of those you can use the main depot (south) and be within a minute to the busses, food, shopping, boats to DtD....or even the main pool......:cool:

tdk316
10-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I've never stayed here with kids, but love POR and although it's a large resort, the walk from our room at WL plus the wait for the elevator to get some soda refills was longer than any walk at POR IMHO. Try it out and enjoy!

ajpa
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
We stayed at POFQ in 2007 and they let us rent a trundle bed back then. Did they change that?