PDA

View Full Version : What else is there to do in WDW on Halloween??

KAT1811
10-12-2009, 09:23 AM
We are leaving a day earlier for our WDW vacation and that puts us in Disney on Halloween. We've never been to Disney for Halloween. I'm not a big fan of the holiday but DH loves it so . . . I'd like to be able to do something fun. I now know that the MNSSHP is sold out for Halloween night (I'm not a big fan of the "parties" to begin with and the huge crowd it draws doesn't sound like fun).

Do they do anything else fun in WDW for Halloween? Is there trick-or-treating in any of the other parks? Like around the countries in Epcot? Now that would be fun. Especially with Food & Wine. DH and I could have fun eating while the kids trick-or-treat.

Any and all input and ideas are welcome. I am at a complete loss here!!!

:thanks: to all my Intercot friends!

Wishmaker
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I just book a Haunted Carriage ride at FW. However, if you go to the post you will see I was unable to at the first try becuase they were all booked. But some suggested to keep trying and sure enough there was a cancellation. Yeah Me!! I was so excited. I had not heard of this until the day I made the post so there is no telling what else is offered there. I have been to disney lots of times and still learn something new every trip.
Best of Luck, surely more people will follow with other options. I will be checking back to see what else we can learn from the others. :mickey:

KAT1811
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
That sounds interesting. I'll have too look into that. We have four children 12 1/2, 4 3/4, 2 3/4, and 7 months I wonder if that would be anything they would be interested in?

Aggie97
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM
DTD has trick-or-treating and some other activities/entertainment. It gets pretty crowded (definitely take WDW transportation rather than driving and trying to park!) but is still fun.

Last year our resort (WL) had trick-or-treating and a few activities like a pumpkin decorating contest, on a much smaller scale than DTD. :mickey:

threeh
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
We're arriving on Halloween as well!!!:mickey3:
I don't know if there will be any Halloween activities but my plan is to head to EPCOT. My kids have Halloween hats and shirts and I just thought it would be cool to spend Halloween in EPCOT.:mickey: We may stop by DTD for some tricks and treats first...
See you there!!!!

KAT1811
10-14-2009, 09:52 AM
We're arriving on Halloween as well!!!:mickey3:
I don't know if there will be any Halloween activities but my plan is to head to EPCOT. My kids have Halloween hats and shirts and I just thought it would be cool to spend Halloween in EPCOT.:mickey: We may stop by DTD for some tricks and treats first...
See you there!!!!

That was my plan but I am a bit disappointed to hear that there is nothing at all going on for Halloween in Epcot. I would think that they could at least give out some candy at the KidCot Funstops in World Showcase.