PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti

Mrs Bus Driver
10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Has anyone eaten here? I would like to know what you think of it. :mickey: Thanks

MinnieMommie
10-12-2009, 09:23 AM
yes I have eaten there with my family. We all like it and one of my girls absolutely loves Yak and Yeti and it is a not miss for her. The food is Asian influenced and is not too highly flavored so should appeal to most who like this type of food. We have ADRs for our upcoming trip.

The menu with prices are listed info central. check out the link below:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeti.asp

MNNHFLTX
10-12-2009, 09:54 AM
My son and I had the crispy chicken and the tempura shrimp here and while both were okay, I would not call them anything special. In fact, the chicken was a tad on the dry side. The previous poster who mentioned that the food is not highly flavored is right, although for us this was not a plus. However, the decor is great and the service was prompt. And the mango pie for dessert was to die for. :)

cer
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
We like getting the ribs there...plenty to share and I adore the cream cheese filled fried wontons with fresh pineapple...so yummy! In fact, I think that has been my favorite WDW dessert....

prprincess
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
We ate there last year--I had the steak and shrimp, and the wonton dessert, and to be honest with you, it was probably the 2nd best meal I've ever had at WDW (the 1st being at Le Cellier). I'd say give it a try!!

seanyred
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
We like getting the ribs there...plenty to share and I adore the cream cheese filled fried wontons with fresh pineapple...so yummy! In fact, I think that has been my favorite WDW dessert....

How do Yak and Yeti Ribs compare to Flame Tree? I have yet to find a better rib. Also I'm a reluctant about Y&Y because its owned by the Rainforest Cafe people, which I think is overpriced bad food.

MinnieMommie
10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes they are both owned by Landry's (as is T Rex) but the food is good. I would liken the food to PF Chang with seasonings which do not overwhelm the distinct taste of the food. Between the food and atmosphere Yak and Yeti lends itself to be a good dining experience. If you like this sort of food I would give it a try. :mickey:

stitchaholic
10-12-2009, 02:21 PM
the theming was fun,the service was great,but the food is mediocre, i had thje crispy honey chicken,it was chicken nuggets with some yucky sauce on it,we had some dumplings also,these were ok.
the fried wontons were pretty cool looking,but did not taste as good as they look,a bit too greasy for me.

Bri
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I ate at the counter service and I thought it was really good! The portions were huge and the prices were very reasonable for the amount of food you get. If you are maybe hesitant to do the sit down, I would definatly recommend the counter service.

dmallan
10-12-2009, 02:29 PM
We ate at Yak and Yeti recently and thought it was very good. DH had the crispy Mahi Mahi, I had the steak and shrimp and we both had the Mango pie which was recommended by the server. All were delicious.

prttynpnk
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I hate to lick the red off anybodys candy, but we were really not pleased with Y&Y. The atmosphere was great, the prices good and we were really looking forward to another dining experience in AK, but it was like bland mall foodcourt food. We'll be back at Flametre next time- it was very pretty, but just not worth the money to us. We just wouldn't go again. :(

KylesMom
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
While DH, DS and I enjoyed our lunch here (and savored the cool interior while it was blazing outside), we decided that the price was too steep for what we received in return. While we might order a few snacks from the Y&Y CS window, I don't know that we'll be back for TS for awhile. We just didn't find much value in this TS restaurant as compared to Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, etcetera. :mickey: Remember, though - we all have different opinions, and if you like what you see on the menu, give it a shot. Only you can decide how it is! :mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
How do Yak and Yeti Ribs compare to Flame Tree? I have yet to find a better rib. Also I'm a reluctant about Y&Y because its owned by the Rainforest Cafe people, which I think is overpriced bad food.

I was planning on doing Flame Tree earlier in the day or week. I hope it is as good as I remember. DD and I did this in 2005, were nicely surprised. The food was good and the view from the patio was wonderful. It was in Feb and we were the only ones there. One of my favorite memories. On second thought maybe I will drop my Yak & Yeti and have dinner at Flame Tree:eat:. :mickey: