PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about on line checkin

Wishmaker
10-12-2009, 07:47 AM
We leave in two days, I am so excited. I will be using the on line checkin and I am a little nervous. Here are my questions/concern:

1. What time do I need to arrive before flight?

2. I plan on checking one bag. I looked up on AA website and it gives me the options. Has anyone done this and does it take very long? Do I need to factor in a lot more time for this?

Any other tid bits of information anyone with expirence has would be awesome. DD and I go alone, this is the first time, but it will be for this. It will also be the first time my DH doesn't drive us and help us in. We will be driving ourselves and using the Parking Spot. :)

vicster
10-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Are you talking about online check in for your flight? What airlines? If it's Southwest I would definitely check in online at exactly the 24 hour mark.

dephenn
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
It really depends on a lot of factors. One big one is what airport you are flying out of and then what time of day, are you going to print your boarding pass out at home ( highly recommend )can you do curb side checkin for your bags, and what airline you are flying on. Just to be safe we always arrive at least one and half early for domestic flights.

Wishmaker
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
We are flying out of DFW and can do the curbside checkin if allowed. We are on American Airlines.
By the look of the few responses so far, I still need to be there an hour before flight even with on line checkin?

Polynesian Dweller
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
We are flying out of DFW and can do the curbside checkin if allowed. We are on American Airlines.
By the look of the few responses so far, I still need to be there an hour before flight even with on line checkin?

Yes definitely. The holdup really isn't checkin at any airport though it can feel like it. It's security. Depending on the time lines can be long. Checkin won't speed up that part.

Also, you want to be well in advance of the boarding time which is usually 20 to 30 min before the flight time. So do your planning to arrive at the airport at least 30 minutes before that.

seanyred
10-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I've flown out of DFW before and as I'm sure you know its a very large airport. It can take quite a bit of time to get to your terminal.

As a general rule of thumb. I was always arrive 2 hours before my flight. I'd rather we be bored waiting at my terminal than rushing to it hoping I will make it.