PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Around The World

AlvyOT08
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
hello everyone!! my brother is on the fence of going to WDW with my family when we go in may. i told him i would get him info about dirnking around the world. does anyone know how this works. can you ge a t-shirt or something if you drink around the world.

thanks

niki:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
no, no t-shirt...

this is really an unofficial thing where one would start at one end of the World Showcase and enjoy a beverage from each country either left to right, or right to left depending on which end you start on. It's unofficial because obviously WDW (and many of us) shudder at the idea of people drunkenly staggering around trying to complete the task. My advice is try your faves, but unless you have a very high tolerance or are immune to alcohol's effects don't go all the way...lol. :beer:

I might have tried it years ago, but thankfully I have quit living like I was in Guns N' Roses or something....
:rocker::thedolls::thedolls:

Donald
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
My husband and I tried this a few years ago. He sampled beers from around the world, and I sampled wines. By the time we were in China (having started with Canada), my husband was voluntarily calling his mother.:rotfl: So my advice is please be careful; you never know the true power of alcohol.:secret:

1DisneyNut
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey, now this sounds like fun. May have to give a shot next time as I have a fairly high tolerance. We need a promotional t-shirt for those that make it that is blurry and misspelled. lol

SBETigg
10-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I think it best if you have time to go back to World Showcase multiple times and sample both food and beverages from various countries, a few at a time, maybe three or four countries a day. Or, at very least, don't attempt it alone, but share snacks and beverages between two or three people. There are no prizes for one's attempts, and there can be too much of a good thing.

But, World Showcase is one of my favorite parts of WDW. I also like visiting resorts for drinks and snacks, and you can try to persuade your brother with the idea that WDW is so much more than just theme parks. Also, perhaps look into sporting events or other activities at WDW your brother might enjoy, like racing, parasailing, golf, or fishing excursions.

seanyred
10-12-2009, 07:04 AM
During the food and wine festival you can have even more tastings of beer and wine since the kiosks are up representing country's that aren't normally there. Also I think a lot of adults were attempting this feat. By 6 or 7pm there were many intoxicated adults acting like idiots.

I'm part Irish/German so I do like to drink but I don't understand why you would want to be drunk at a theme park. I'd like to go on the rides instead. Drinking around the World and Mission Space =:ack:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-12-2009, 09:40 AM
And unless you are a wealthy soul, drinking around the world is a very costly adventure as well!

bruin1344
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
you will be pretty drunk and broke if you do one drink per country, probably splitting a drink a country sounds more reasonable

you should walk over to jellyrolls at boardwalk afterwards if you are looking for nightlife

nicster
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
My experience with the 'mixed drinks' was, not much kick to 'em. Of course the beer & wine are a different thing!

BIGDOG
10-14-2009, 01:32 AM
My brother in law and I did that our last trip. I am here to tell you You put a round from the world under your belt DO NOT go on mission space 15 mins after...