PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner

AmyKane
10-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Hello fellow Intercotee's...
I am seeking some advise - My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we are returning to WDW to celebrate! :mickey:
We decided to go to the California Grill and I made a reservation.
We are now having second thoughts. We do enjoy it but their menu really only has one or two items we like so my husband doesn't want to go.
I am considering Artist Point which we have eaten at and enjoyed but I was wondering if someone can help us with other places that would be ideal to celebrate our milestone.
Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

dtootsie42
10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Several years ago my husband and I decided to try Narcoossees for our anniversary. We had terrific service, terrific food and a table by the windows with a great view of fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. Ever since then we always plan a special date night at Narcoossees and have never ever been disappointed.

Disneyfun
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Of course, Victoria & Alberts has to be mentioned!

DW and I also really enjoyed lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table, but that is back before they had characters there, the free dining, or the insane crowds! They did the Mickey confettii all over the table, they sat us next to the window overlooking FantasyLand, and they capped the evening off with a couple of champaign flutes which we cherish to this day!

Yatchsman's steakhouse would be another great location, but I am relying on reviews.

Honestly, you really can't go wrong with either Artist's Point or California Grill! They are both spectacular! Just make sure to time your dinner with Wishes at Cali or the Electric Water Parade at Artist's Point. They really add to the magic!

kakn7294
10-11-2009, 10:51 PM
We ate at Narcoossee's in July for our 16th anniversary after Disney cancelled our ADR for California Grill. Dinner was fantastic and I highly recommend it!

SBETigg
10-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Narcoossee's, Jiko, Flying Fish, and Citricos are all very good and worthy of consideration. You might look over menus and try to find a fit. Also, keep in mind that the menu at California Grill changes frequently. Still, if it's not your kind of thing, that's just not going to work perhaps-- but there are plenty of options. Best wishes!

epceddie
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
My wife and I enjoyed the steak dish with the mac and cheese at Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The pistachio creme brulee was also really good and we had a nice time wandering around after dinner and using the night-vision goggles to watch the animals.
We both feel that the California Grill is highly overrated. It's congested and noisy and the menu really isn't that enticing.
The only good thing about eating there is being able to watch Wishes from the observation deck.

AmyKane
10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the resposes! I appreciate the help and advise! My husband and I are going to now review the menu's and see...

Seasonscraps
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
If you like steakhouses, Shula's is simply outstanding. I had the most tender, perfectly prepared delicious steak there. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We had a really nice evening there.

TheRustyScupper
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Bistro de Paris
Shula's
Il Mulino

Hammer
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Amy,

Take a look at the pictures I posted of the meals from my trip 10 days ago in this forum (I'm at work and do not have the link readily available). I have photos from Citricos, Narcoossee's, Jiko and California Grill. I also have daily reviews posted if that might help you in making a decision.

You do not mention, but are you on a Dining Plan or using Tables in Wonderland? If on a DDP, Bistro de Paris, Shula's and Il Mulino are not included. Bistro does take TIW.

junedis
10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Hello, We did Artist point for one anniversary and it was very nice. Last year for our 15th anniversary, I planned a privated dinner w/ butler on the terrace at the Grand Floridian. You can plan you menu, have punctual service and a great view of the fireworks. Just a thought? Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!!:D:D

OogieBoogieMan
10-17-2009, 07:32 PM
We did Victoria and Albert's for our 10th anniversary (we are halfway to 19 and already planning a big Disney bash for 25) and loved it. The atmosphere can't be beat. I have seen Artist Point come up a few times and while this has been one of our favorites and we have been there many times, we were very disappointed in August, the quality of the food just wasn't the same. Perhaps we had a bad week, we will give it another shot, but I would look at something rock solid for a 10th anniversary, like V&A.