PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic package

Sunshine1010
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Is Lunch at Mama Melrose part of the package?...or does my ADR HAVE to be at dinnertime?

kwhitt3202
10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
When you call wdw dine you have to ask for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. There are only so many and during a certain time frame I believe from 3pm-5pm.

epceddie
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Make sure you leave enough time to get to the show. I've read on other posts that you no longer get guaranteed seats. They don't offer the show every night anymore and the crowds have been huge, so CM's don't keep the special seating for the package closed off like they're supposed to. If I paid for a special package like that and had nowhere to sit, I wouldn't be happy.

KylesMom
10-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Both of our Fantasmic! dinner packages at Mama Melrose were between 3:55 and 5 pm earlier this year - much earlier than in years past. However, this was all they had available. Our first days' choice for the package was totally unavailable, so we had to switch our plans around. The reservation must be a dinner purchase to procure a Fantasmic! package ticket.

While you were never guaranteed seats (and we've been package participants since 2001), earlier in the year they closed the special entrance so that guests had to enter the main queue in front of the amphitheater like everyone else. However, as recently posted in Figment's "News, Rumors & Imagineering" page, they have reopened a separate entrance for package participants.

An Entry Fantasmic

10/8/09 Studios Cast have reported that the separate queue for Fantasmic! Dinner Package Guests is now in operation at the main entrance to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater. Guests using the package are asked to enter the theater through this queue 30 – 45 minutes prior to the start of the show.
We found the "general admission" entrance totally unacceptable, and would not do it again. However, since they've changed the procedure back to a special queue, we plan on once again participating. :mickey:

Sunshine1010
10-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Thank you so much everyone. A rep told me that the ADR has to be for a time after 3pm (we were looking for a lunch time).

If Fantasmic is so popular...will they possibly expand the venue?...at all?

kwhitt3202
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
They have never expanded the places to eat in the years we have been using the pkg but we have had it to where they had added another show and called us to see if we wanted to change from the 6:30 to the 8:00 show. We would have the same restaurants to choose from just be able to have a later dinner time.