PDA

View Full Version : Can I dine "AFTER" candlelight procession

DONROCK
10-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Dinner package for candlelight procession...do you have to dine before the show, or do show first and then dine? Example: we would like to attend 6:45 show and then take a 8:15 ADR.
thanks

DreamFinder2
10-11-2009, 10:35 AM
CP package dining times will be prior to the show...usually quite a bit earlier, actually. It was once thought that WDW used CP and Fantasmic packages to "fill up" the late afternoon ADR spots, which typically don't get used.

We placed a CP package ressie for 12/20. We wanted the 6:45pm show, and we're eating "dinner" at 3:45pm...that was the latest time they had.

TheRustyScupper
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
1) You need a slip to get into the reserved section.
2) You get your "chit" when you pay for dinner.
3) So, you can't get your entry pass "chit" without having dinner first.

NOTE: And, yes, the theory of making people eat early to fill restaurants has has been tossed around. But, none us think that WDW is that devious.

jillluvsdisney
10-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes, you have to eat first. I have a 3:45 ADR (the latest I could have ) for the 6:45 CP. You still have to wait in another line with all the other reserved seat holders that's why my ADR couldn't be any later. I didn't want to chance the last show in case it's a really cold night. The early show didn't work becuase I would be worried about making our ADR lunch. We land at 11:15 that same day.

faline
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM
It used to be that you could do either. I'm not sure what Disney was thinking when they changed this but my preference would certainly be to do the show first and dine after! Oh well! Progress!

TheRustyScupper
10-12-2009, 01:51 AM
It used to be that you could do either. I'm not sure what Disney was thinking when they changed this

Possible:

It was once thought that WDW used CP and Fantasmic packages to "fill up" the late afternoon ADR spots, which typically don't get used.

bkfree
10-12-2009, 10:59 AM
We ate dinner at Tutto at 5:30 for an 8;15 seating at CP. This actually worked out great. After a wonderful meal , it was nice to have some time to walk around and enjoy the sunset before being seated for CP. Then immediantly following the CP,was Illuminations. So for us and the kids it was a perfect evening.

Chrisx2
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Here's the info I was given when we booked:

For the 5 pm show, your ADR must be between 1:45 and 2:45.

For the 6:45 pm show, your ADR must be between 3:30 and 4:30.

For the 8:15 pm show, your ADR must be between 5:00 and 6:00.

The 8:15 pm show is the most popular and was almost totally full when we called for Dec 3. If we wanted that seating, our only choices were Marrakesh and Nine Dragons.