PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite DELUXE resort for SUMMER?

JoDisney
10-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Interested in only DELUXE resorts you enjoy during the SUMMER months and why. Thank you.

SBETigg
10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I love the Grand Floridian. Two great pools and hot tub. The courtyard pool is my favorite, but my kids love the beach pool with the slide. Great pool bars beside two great pools for frozen libations. I Love to have a balcony overlooking the lagoon. So great to get out of the heat for an afternoon break and just watch the life on the lagoon. Or in the morning, watching the World wake up and hearing all those MK sounds so close. Or watching the World at night- the Electric Water Pageant from your own balcony. Wonderful shops and restaurants.

It's my favorite. I could spend half the vacation at my resort and not worry about rushing around the parks.We do parks too, but at a more relaxed pace in summer, with plenty of breaks. The Polynesian is pretty good, too, for most of the same reasons, though a busier area with the volcano pool drawing crowds, and no hot tub.

cather74
10-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Poly all the way! The hawaiian music and amzing grounds make you feel like you are in Hawaii except with a great view of the castle. Watching the firewroks from the beach is awesome!:fworks:
Transportation is eay with the monorail and boats and the rooms are pretty. Pools are great too.
The food there is yummy. Ohanas and Kona cafe (home of the famous tonga toast) are not to be missed. Even just thinking of the Poly brings a smile to my face. (and it may sound dumb but the when the doors of the great ceremonial house slide open, the smell of it truly makes me feel like we are in DW):tikki:

jnfr2424
10-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Boardwalk It comes alive in the eveings and its extra special during the summer months

LudwigVonDrake
10-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Polynesian and it's awesome theming :tikki:

dream_disney
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
BEACH CLUB!!!! It's pool is over 3 acres... multiple hot tubs... GREAT slide... beach... sand volleyball court... location... right across from BoardWalk... 3 minute walk to Epcot and short boat ride to HS! and the amazingly accomidating Cast Members:mickey:

bkfree
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Our favs are the same no matter the season. YC- Best location
elegant, calm and top notch accomodations
Amazing pool
walking proximity to the most restaurants and parks of all the resorts.

AKL- The most unique one of a kind resort at WDW. You truly feel like you are on another continent.
Tons of kids activities
Great Pool
Great food TS and CS
GREAT Transportion
Friendliest CM's
Almost like a park itself, so taking a day to just stay at the resort is great

bruin1344
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
BEACH CLUB!!!! It's pool is over 3 acres... multiple hot tubs... GREAT slide... beach... sand volleyball court... location... right across from BoardWalk... 3 minute walk to Epcot and short boat ride to HS! and the amazingly accomidating Cast Members:mickey:

i second that, the short walk to epcot is worth it alone

Monorail_Red
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I like a tower room at the Contemporary just because most of what you would be doing at any resort is all in one building.

During the summer you have the afternoon downpours, and it's nice to have the resort amenities like the Monorail, food court, arcade, gift shops, front desk, the three restaurants, and of course your room all in one building.

Monorail_Red :mickey:

pox24
10-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Not even close... Beach Club :thumbsup:

buzz2001
10-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Beach Club!

dream_disney
10-13-2009, 06:03 PM
so glad to see all of the BEACH CLUB fans:blush:

TinksGoofyMom
10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Animal Kingdom Lodge-Not only is the pool great, but there's so much to see. My DD who was 3 at the time, and I loved taking early morning walks to see the animals all around the resort. We loved the pools too, but the scenery and animals being out and about really added to the atomosphere. The misty, mornings made you feel like you were really on the plains.

KarenP
10-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Mine is Polynesian. I love the ambience, restaurants, pool, fireworks on the beach, monorail access and the comfy beds.

darthmacho
10-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Our only summer trip was at All Star Music, but I'm using my imagination. First off, I don't think you could go wrong with any deluxe in the summer, because with the great theming at each one, and the wonderful pools and amenities, they would all be a super fit.

Nevertheless, I think the best choice would probably be what most people have suggested, which is Beach Club, which must have a wonderful feel for summer, and great access to Epcot. A close second would be the Poly, which would give you access to MK instead. :mickey:

passholderryan
10-16-2009, 09:42 AM
I'll take the Swan/Dolphin. Nothing like sitting poolside under the gratto, cold:marg: from the best pool bar, and enjoy an afternoon relaxing in a "Heavenly Bed". Then walking over and playing some mini golf at Fantasia Gardens (reminds me of childhood summer vacations). Slide on into the International Gateway entrance to WS and check out Illuminations.

DisneyMomx7
10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
1st - Beach or Yacht Club
2nd - Polynesian