PDA

View Full Version : Current October Weather

Wishmaker
10-09-2009, 06:41 AM
I have been following the weather for our upcoming trip. We leave Wed (14th) and it is not looking the way others have projected other October trips to be. :confused:

I was curious about all the Pro October vacationers and your thoughts. I have done searches of previous post to find information. They all pretty much say the same about the weather. I had been 1 time in October and the weather was all that I have read about. However, it is not looking that way as of today.

What are all your thoughts my October visitors? :confused: What is up with my October weather?

I wanted to take just a carry on but now and afraid, I need to pack so much stuff to be covered. :blush: As of now my weather is going to be hot and wet. :sad:

Tinkerfreak
10-09-2009, 07:57 AM
We usually go at the end of october and I can only remember one year that it seemed hot to us maybe 85 or so. We are from the north so that is really hot to us. We never really experienced any rain until last year and the temps were actually around 70 or 75.
Not sure what is going on with the weather right now.

Melanie
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
It's H O T right now, and very humid. We haven't seen rain here in the Tampa area for well over two weeks. My understanding is that it's unusual. Hopefully it will cool down some by next week and you can enjoy! :mickey:

Strmchsr
10-09-2009, 08:37 AM
The "average" high for this time of the year is 87, so I'm not sure what others have told you but the forecast is actually for pretty normal temps by the 14th. One thing you have to keep in mind also is that most of your vacation is still in "voodooland" - beyond the 7 day safe widow of forecasts. Anything forecast beyond 7 days is rubbish. And as for "wet" I don't see that at all with the exception of a pretty strong cold front around Oct 23-24. There's a chance of pop up thunderstorms every afternoon, but that's just normal Florida weather. Those happen every day, but they are brief. So, don't worry about the weather too much and you won't have to pack everything. Just check the weather thread at the top of this forum and I'll try to keep you informed as to how to pack.

As for the current mini-heat wave, well, it's definitely causing above normal temps, but it's not all that unusual. Late summer heat waves often happen, but they are brief. Remember the "average" high is just that. Some days are above, some below.

Loweschevy
10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
This is our 4th year in a row visiting in the beginning of October. It has been about 10-12 degrees hotter than it usually is. we have only exeperienced 2 days with rain out of 10 so far. It is so hot the rain is actually refreshing.

this week has been around 93 degrees up- with a real feel of 102-104-it has been brutal.