PDA

View Full Version : So unfair!!

tinksmom02
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Sorry, just a rant that I know my Intercotees will understand!!!

So...DH (who "tolerates" Disney and would prefer if we don't ever go back) comes home from work yesterday and says that one of the companies he buys from invited him and a coworker to go to their huge trade show in January...he "thinks" somewhere in Disney. ALL expenses paid, etc. etc. etc.

(you all know where I'm going with this, right? ;))

He doesn't know where exactly the trade show will be, so I pop on my laptop and do a little searching. I can't find any info for 2010, but 2009's trade show was at....

Coronado Springs! :mad:

Argh!!! My wheels start turning, how can Jenna and I get ourselves down there too? He tells me no way, and really he's right. The show is Wed and Thurs which means Jenna would miss more school, and forget about the cost...still, I would love to be able to head down there, even just to hang out at the resort and DTD! (OK, and maybe Epcot :marg:)

Thanks for listening!

Itchy
10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I feel your pain. My daughter and son in-law are going to WDW in Dec. and they wont let me ride in the luggage in the plane.

Just a thought would there be anyone to take care of the young one that way you and DH could make it a short vacation for yourselves.

I have done this a couple of times and its really a stress reliever and an excellent way to have a little couple time. You could hit some nice restaurants and visit Epcot ( My favorite ).

Good luck on hoping for a trip:mickey:

tinksmom02
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I feel your pain. My daughter and son in-law are going to WDW in Dec. and they wont let me ride in the luggage in the plane.

Just a thought would there be anyone to take care of the young one that way you and DH could make it a short vacation for yourselves.

I have done this a couple of times and its really a stress reliever and an excellent way to have a little couple time. You could hit some nice restaurants and visit Epcot ( My favorite ).

Good luck on hoping for a trip:mickey:

That's a nice thought, but there's no way we could pull it off...my brother and his wife kind of have my mom's babysitting time dominated, and Jenna would NEVER forgive us if we went to the world without her!

I suggested to DH that he ask his boss to put me on the payroll for 3 or 4 days so I would "qualify" as an employee, but that idea's not flying, either :blush:

He'll definitely be buying us lots of souvenirs, though!!!

mouseketeer mom
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Christi, Ahhhhh! Are you sure you can't go? Thats why we went in August. Whenever DH gets invited to a show, conference, to speak anything, and its at WDW, we go. They pay for a few of our nights, airport parking., some meals, it is a HUGE help. I would try every angle to somehow go along. That would be hard to have him go to WDW and you are not there along with him!! We are going back next August on a conference again, and to DL resort on a conference the following week. I think my DH knows I would have a heart attack if he went to WDW without me! Darn school, right? It is awfully hard to pull the kids and handle all the make up work. I wish you can find a way to go...and if not, maybe another time if you know of a conference in advance, you could plan your trip around that. Its a nice way to soften the expense of a WDW trip.

Little Round Bale
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I am in pain for you too. How old is Jenna. When my little girl (now 16) was in grade school and middle school we cleared it with the principal and luckily took a few short trips. The school told me "we feel the experience of being with family is more important that what your daughter could learn in those couple of days". My daughter is a good student and had homework but it was sooooooo worth it.

Good luck "keep happy thoughts!!"

tinksmom02
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I am in pain for you too. How old is Jenna. When my little girl (now 16) was in grade school and middle school we cleared it with the principal and luckily took a few short trips. The school told me "we feel the experience of being with family is more important that what your daughter could learn in those couple of days". My daughter is a good student and had homework but it was sooooooo worth it.

Good luck "keep happy thoughts!!"

Jenna's 7, and in second grade...and she missed 5 days just last month for our annual trek to the world, so she really shouldn't miss any more...

But i was thinking, if this really happens for DH, DD and I could do a day of volunteer work for free passes to WDW... ;) that would knock the cost down a bit!

BluewaterBrad
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Stow away!! Good luck!:mickey:

KylesMom
10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I feel your pain - several times a year, I have to book trips for my employees to Disney properties - including Coronado Springs. I keep telling my bosses to send me instead, but so far they just aren't listening. It would be really great if you guys could get away for a short romp around the World! :mickey:

tinksmom02
10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I feel your pain - several times a year, I have to book trips for my employees to Disney properties - including Coronado Springs. I keep telling my bosses to send me instead, but so far they just aren't listening. It would be really great if you guys could get away for a short romp around the World! :mickey:

I'm still working on it...with the disney chase offer that was just relased, I think we may be able to swing it. Airline prices aren't horrible...not great, but doable...and Spirit has a 6pm-ish flight leaving ACY, which means Jenna would only miss 2 days of school, instead of 3. I emailed Terrisue for prices, so we'll see... lots of :pixie: and :fingers:!

Jeri Lynn
10-17-2009, 08:59 AM
If your husband's company is paying his portion couldn't why couldn't you just stay in his room, or were he and the co-worker going to bunk together.

I say go for it!!!