PDA

View Full Version : any chance the Intercot DDP estimator will be updated?

LoriSan
10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
just wondering...

jnfr2424
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
just wondering...

Updated to reflect the 180 mark?

Figment!
10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
just wondering... Probably not before the end of this year, see the updated note in the Disney Dining Plan FAQ thread.

Updated to reflect the 180 mark?The INTERCOT Advanced Dining Reservation Planner, should switch back to the 180 day version at the end of this month when the window does.

LoriSan
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I assumed that since it was the 2008 estimator, that the annual prices increase would not be reflected in the results. I hadn't seen the update in the FAQ thread though. Thanks!

Figment!
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I assumed that since it was the 2008 estimator, that the annual prices increase would not be reflected in the results. I hadn't seen the update in the FAQ thread though. Thanks! While this is true, the effect the annual price changes would have on the output recommendations would likely be of little or no effect.

The estimator is set-up to distinguish between savings amounts on a higher order of magnitude than the yearly "inflation" of meal costs.

DisneyFr33k
10-10-2009, 07:35 AM
just wondering...

What is the DDP estimator?

John
10-10-2009, 08:36 AM
http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp

This Estimator is intended to assist INTERCOTees make a better informed decision if the standard Disney Dining Plan is cost effective for them.

This Estimator provides INTERCOTees with two important figures:

1. A rough estimate of the percentage off the actual cost of food and beverage the plan would likely save them.

2. A normalized ratio between their estimated savings and how much extra they would likely pay for the plan.

The estimated percentage saved helps gives INTERCOTees an idea of how much they are likely to save with the plan.

The normalized ratio gives INTERCOTees an idea of the estimated value of the plan with regard to they “typical” food and beverage budget.

Figment!
10-11-2009, 12:01 PM
On second consideration ...

There was a lot less left to do on the 2009 estimator than I remembered.

The 2009 edition is now up per the link John posted above.

Starting with this edition, the estimator will now be focused on helping INTERCOTee's make a better informed decision if any of the three dining plans would offer savings based on how they plan do dine during an upcoming vacation.

A 2010 version should be available prior to the end of the year.

In the meantime, the 2009 version should provide a relatively valid tool for those pondering the plans in 2010 ... sans the displayed add-on cost.

WDWFanatic
10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
And this is why Intercot (and Jason) ROCKS! :thumbsup: