PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in mid-March?

minnie-mouse
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
We are planning a trip for mid-March. Can anyone tell me about the crowds at this time? I know Easter falls during the first week in April and I know that time is very busy, how about before then?

Also, is the weather nice? Too cold to swim in pools?

cer
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I have never been during this time, but with Spring Break, I would guess that it will be very busy.

Gregandmel
10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
You'll be hitting the front-end of Spring Breaks, which officially (or unofficially depending on who you talk to) begin the week of March 13th. I know that here in the Midwest, that's when our Spring Break falls, but the Spring Break "season" begins Mid-March and pretty much goes through the end of April. Some of the Northeastern States (from what I've heard) have late April Spring Breaks. Not everyone has Spring Break at the same time, but you'll be hitting some of the early ones.

princessgirls
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
It was crowded while we were in Disney in March. Not unmanageable, but there were crowds, wait times, and all the rest!

Would love to be at the park when it was empty...

On the flip side, it is so nice to escape the cold and dreary days that drag by the time that March rolls around. The Florida sunshine is nice!

Julie:mickey:

minnie-mouse
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
How about end of April? Is that better as far as crowds?

Gregandmel
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
There could possibly still be some tail-end Spring Breakers around end of April - we are going the end of April due to schedules but we'll also be hitting some of the cheerleading competitions being held during that time at Disney World. Would LOVE to go 1st week in May to avoid it, but couldn't due to our work schedules - hopefully it won't be tooooo bad though.

readytogo2
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
we were there last march and it was nuts stayed at POP. kids in the pool at all hours EMHs were swamped

Strmchsr
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
How about end of April? Is that better as far as crowds?

It used to be, but we were there the first week of May this year and it was swamped. According to quite a few folks who used to go the first week of May this was the busiest they had seen it.

Honestly, we get a lot of crowd questions here on Intercot, but the truth is no one knows for 2 reasons. 1.) What's crowded to me might not be crowded to you and vice versa. 2.) Crowd patterns are drastically changing. There's no longer really a "down" time where the parks are empty due to aggressive marketing and special events. You pretty much just have to expect crowds year round, so pick when it's most convenient and go.

WDWFRK
10-08-2009, 04:04 PM
My DH and I went during my Spring Break last March around the 14th, and we swore we would never do it again.

minnie-mouse
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
How about the end of April? Are the crowds better than? I know Easter is early April this year.

Strmchsr
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
End of April isn't too bad, but, again, this year was MUCH more crowded than previous years. Also, you have a lot of "grad nights" and band events during the end of April. So, don't expect the parks to be empty, but its manageable.

happy day
10-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I went the 3rd week in March last spring break. Although there were plenty of people there, it was not bad. Disney ups the hours and has more of everything to accomodate the amount of people. I also went in October and August of last year, and I really think the crowds were about the same during the middle of the day at all 3 times. I like the more crowded times for the reason that the parks have more hours and do not close early etc.