WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
September 26-October 3, 2009

Cast of Karackters
Ma-Me, 40 something Master Disney Planner
Pa-DH, 40 something Master Disney Planners Husband
Muffin-DD, 12 just happy to be going
Scooter-Stepson, turned 16 they day after we got home, typical teenage boy

After checkin’ out our new digs for the week, we were Epcot bound! Spaceship Earth was calling our names, and Ma wasn’t waiting around for anything. We headed off to the West Depot and we found ourselves a waiting bus for Epcot when we got there. Some good timing for that there transportation. We sat ourselves down for a few minutes and cooled off on that air-cooled coach (thank goodness!) and we found ourselves very shortly in a “bag check” line and our initiation of those 8 day passes within just a few ticks of the clock. Looming in front of us was this huge golf ball looking thing! Well, Ma says “That’s where we’re going!”, and into a line we went. Yup, a line. Ain’t seen a line there before. 15 minutes, no less! Well, after making an attempt to explain to Scooter that the line moves pretty quick because it’s a “continuous loading” ride (which he could not understand) we finally were seated in our time capsules. We went back in time, watched them make some paper, smelled the fall of Rome, saw a groovy chick in her plastic knee high boots, and some smart guy in a garage inventing some computer thing, we were officially HERE. Ma is very happy. Pa reached over the back of the time capsule to touch Ma on the arm in his way of acknowledging how happy Ma is right now. Pa knows Ma pretty well.

We wandered over to the Land where we knew Soarin’ was waiting on us. We snagged some little ticket things that told us to come back later so we could take a look at California from the sky. Aren’t we in Florida? That’s what they told us on the plane. How on earth would we get to California from here? Hmmm, good question. They might answer that later. We then saw they wanted to test our Imaginations, so we followed Figment along on a cute trip through our imaginations. Then Wayne Salinsky asked us to attend his award show next door. Such screamin’ coming from that room when our friends, the mice, went a’ scurrying on by our feet. Dog sneezes are an everyday occurrence for us, so we weathered that storm just fine.

Don’t it beat all, that by the time we left the awards show, a look at the timepieces told us we had us some dinner to get to in Japan. Japan? How the heck do we get there in 10 minutes? There were 87 trillion people milling around getting them some food at these little huts all over the place and we’re trying to barrel through them at the speed of light. It was a long, hot trip to Japan, but we made it. Whew!

Here’s where the party started. We waited a spell for a table, but when we were taken into a room, this cute little girl from Japan introduced herself as our “server”. Well, don’t you just know that Scooter fell head over heels for this little snip of a thing. She was just so darn cute. (Don’t get upset with me here-we aren’t slave owners or ax-murderers!) Scooter declared right then and there that he wanted to put her in a box to take home with him! Scooter was smitten. We ordered us some grub, and after a while, this lady with big knives comes out and starts flashing them around! We see this type of behavior in North Minneapolis all the time, and we started getting a little worried. They didn’t LOOK like gang members, but those knives looked sharp! No one else seemed very concerned by this terrible turn of events. This evening wasn’t on the right track, but the rest of the room looked happy. What’s up with that? Well, pretty soon she started cutting and cooking food with those knives. Whew. Wish someone would have told us she wasn’t out to shank us! She even took some onions (mmmmm) and made them look like Mickey Mouse ears right on the grill in front of us. Then with a few flicks of her scary knife, she put a little bow on those ears and called it Minnie Mouse. Then, she spilled the beans. She poured a little magic potion into that onion, and advised us that Minnie had a dirty little secret. Minnie smokes! Don’t tell the kids.

Well, those knives produced some awfully good eats that night. Ma and Pa were fat and happy at this point. Muffin couldn’t eat another bite. Scooter, being a teenage boy and all, somehow found room inside of him somewhere for some ice cream, but the rest of us had to pass. We said Domo Arigato and left Japan. The sun had finally hidden beyond the horizon, and we had to get to California! We hiked back, and about 15 minutes later, they really did have us flyin! Whoo Hoo! Muffin and Scooter loved that one! Ma and Pa were pretty happy too.

We were getting sleepy then, so we decided to get on back home for the night since we had to get up early for a meeting with some ducks and stuff, so another bus came and brought us right back home. Muffin took a quick shower, while Pa and Scooter watched some moving pictures on the box. Ma unpacked a few things and did a little tidying up. We were all snoring pretty quickly that night.

We were home.

princessgirls
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Karen,

GREAT report! You are so funny...

Glad you and your family had a great day!

Julie:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Your trip report rocks!!! :D

Love the story so far.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Love your trip report! Glad you had a good first day :mickey:

ChipDale
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
... this lady with big knives comes out and starts flashing them around! We see this type of behavior in North Minneapolis all the time, and we started getting a little worried.

:laughing: Another entertaining report! More, please! :) (BTW, since when are there women chefs in the Japan teppan restaurant?)

pdrlkr
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

faline
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Very fun report! Greatly enjoyed it! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Karen, your reports so totally amuse me. So Scooter's got a new girlfriend, huh? :secret: Looking forward to the next installment of 'Ma & Pa do Disney with the young-uns! :D

WDWCrazyKaren
10-09-2009, 03:22 PM
:laughing: Another entertaining report! More, please! :) (BTW, since when are there women chefs in the Japan teppan restaurant?)

Since Ma wouldn't want to be misspeakin' on here, I made sure I had photographic evidence of the female chef!

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/karbeau2009/TeppanEdoChef.jpg

If I do recall, I think her name was Famika.

ChipDale
10-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh, I didn't doubt your word, Ma. :) I haven't been to WDW for a few years (I'm a devoted Disneylander). The Teppanyaki Rooms er, Teppan Edo is one of our favorite restaurants and I never thought I'd see a woman chef working there!

Thanks for the picture. :mickey: I am looking forward to dining there next month!

Mickeydream
10-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a fun time and a great meal. :mickey: