PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Monkeys Swinging in the Trees Trip Report!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I have been inspired by jenseib and mickeystoontown to really "journal" this year's vacation. I've only jotted things down in the past for each day, but never in this detail. I loved their reports so, here is mine. Hopefully you'll be entertained as much... (pictures are under construction and will be posted soon!)

First off, let me explain the title....

My kids stink. They know how to clear out a room. They are the most princessy of the princesses but, can cut cheese with the best of mice. My goodness. They get it from their father (heehee :secret: - hope he's not reading this!). They also get into everything and climb everything so, they are monkeys. We are staying in the Tree house Villas and I envision them stinkin' it up proudly and swinging from room to room as I gasp and have heart attacks every time they get near a sharp corner of a table. (This reminds me to check the maps for the emergency defibulators.)

This is my DH and I 10th trip. Natalie’s 3rd trip. The last time we went she was almost 2 years old. She still talks about “my hair got wet at the Ariel show”. I can’t believe she remembers that. I think she’s so used to talking about it that she just says it without really remembering it. Isabel’s last trip was in-utero. I was 4 months prego with her. So, I’m thinking she doesn’t remember! But, she just follows her big sister’s lead since the sun rises and sets with her big sister. Sidebar: We are very lucky that they are so close. Except for the minor, that’s mine not yours “discussions”, they are best of friends. This trip has been planned since ‘06. We’ve been there since then, but, that was just DH and I. The last trip we took by ourselves, we just didn’t have as much fun as we thought we would. We missed the kids too much and everything we did, we would say how much the kids would love this or that, or next time with the kids, we can do this or that. We are so much happier this time around since we’re all going. Just doesn’t feel right without them.

Our countdown began in the thousands. We’ve come a long way. Ok, so, here it begins from almost the single digits…….

10/5
11 Days away from Friday quitting time and vacation starting
13 days away from Check in at the Tree house villas

This will be our first stay in the Tree house villas. We are DVC members at SSR. So, Tree house Villas, here we come. This has always been a dream of my DH to stay here, even when he was a kid.

There are 13 of us. We will have 1 Tree house Villa and 2 SSR studios.

Hey, Hey, we’re the Monkeys!!! (am I showing my age with that line?)

Tree house Villa Monkeys
Chris - 38 (DH)
Jennifer - will be 34 (me)
Natalie aka Ariel - 4(DD)
Isabel aka Belle or Tinkerbell – she hasn’t decided yet - 2(DD)
Lolo – which means grandfather – 59 (my dad)
Lola – which mean grandmother - 59(my mom)
Krystel - 26(my younger sister)
Rissa - 25(my youngest sister)

SSR – Studio #1
Tita Marlou- 53 (I think)(my aunt)
Uncle Rob- 53 (I think) (my uncle)

SSR – Studio #2
Tita Mardi – 60 (my aunt)
Uncle Tom – don’t know (my uncle)
Mama Gloria – 72 (my oldest Aunt)

Ok, so, enough with the introductions, let’s get on with the pre-trip report….

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I started writing down what we needed to do on our family calendar. I have a separate calendar on the kitchen wall that the kids “x” off each day as it passes. (I have to remember to take a picture of that later…) We’ve got to “fall”ize the home before we leave so, we’ve got some outdoor stuff to do. I also have to disinfect my home before we leave. I just can’t stand coming home to a dirty house.

I should probably explain how deeply neurotic I am. I am a mega PLANNER. I organize like no other. I am a technology trainer by trade and also do some soft skills training. One of my classes is Time Management and effective organizing. Ask my husband, he’ll tell you how much therapy I need ;-P So, I have lists for everything. This is just how I work and play.

I have already started packing. I have 2 folding tables (like the ones for garage sales) set up in the basement. We have been buying things for awhile now for the trip and everything is on the table. (already took a picture of that!) So, I’ll be working on that (at least plan to) a little bit each evening after the kids go to bed. DH just as organized as I am and in love with Disney as I am so, we are both on the same page there. We sat down today and went over the family calendar to make sure we check off the things that we have completed and see what we have to do the next day.

So, today, the list tells me that I have to call and confirm our reservations, dining ressies, room requests and DDP. We are all on the DDP. Everyone in our room is on the quick service dining plan and everyone in the SSR studios wanted the regular Disney Dining plan with the TS meals.

I called and the cast member (forgot her name but, very nice!) confirmed all my reservations. She made sure that our room reservation had that it was my Birthday celebration and that we requested a water room #7030 (thanks to Maleficent Dad) and she put on there “need water room view for 2 princesses”. How sweet! She also made sure that Tita Marlou’s birthday celebration was on there and Tita Mardi’s birthday celebration was on there too. (we have a very LARGE family. Those that came with us represent only maybe 15% of the family!) She confirmed our dining reservations as follows:

Ohana’s for “Our first night – Start it right!” dinner on 10/18 at 6:45pm
Boma’s for “It’s my birthday and I’ll Zebra dome if I want to” dinner on 10/20 at 5:05 pm
1900 Park Fare “Princess must eat before the Halloween Party” dinner on 10/22 at 4:30pm

Oh, and I title everything. The trip, the meals, the days, etc. I am a themeing addict. You’ll have to excuse me while I take a “much needed neurotic episode” break. ;-P

During my conversation with the cast member, I also asked about the online check in and the probability of getting our room request. She said that she suggests to do the online check in cuz, as they come in, the resort cast members plot the room requests and the sooner you get checked in, the greater the chance to have the room request honored. SOLD… I’ll by that excuse for a dollar. She also said that if we get there and we want to change rooms, we can jump into the regular check in line and try. So, I add that on the list of things to do on the 10th day out from check in.

I also ask her about the Online check in and paying for the dining plan. She said that we check in online and when we pick up our key and packet, we can pay for it then. Again, SOLD… I’ll take it! After the pleasantries and well wishes for a good trip, we say goodbye.
CHECK…. Marked that off the list.

droopy d.
10-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Have a great trip I think you are prepared.

princessgirls
10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Sounds like you have planned an awesome vacation!

Looking forward to reading your reports!

Julie:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Have a great trip I think you are prepared.

Will we ever be prepared???? Haahaa... I just know I'm going to forget something. But, hey, that's what Target is for!

:offtopic: House is my FAVORITE show. That show is one of 2 shows that I CANNOT miss. Love it, love it, love it.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Sounds like you have planned an awesome vacation!

Looking forward to reading your reports!

Julie:mickey:

I hope that it's as magical for my girls as it is for DH and I!

I'm really looking forward to writing trip reports now. Can't concentrate at work for the life of me!

WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Sounds like there will be fun going on! I can't wait for the report. You will have a great time!

faline
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Enjoy your trip! I can't imagine it will be anything but fun with so many family members there to help!

vizsla
10-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Sounds like there will be fun going on! I can't wait for the report. You will have a great time!

I can't wait to have the ammo to write the report!

Enjoy your trip! I can't imagine it will be anything but fun with so many family members there to help!

Yes! so many babysitters! gotta love that :thumbsup:

Have a great time and a safe trip.

Thanks! We plan on it!

BluewaterBrad
10-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Looking forward to hearing all about it!!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I get home from work. Well, I didn’t really work, I pretty much read trip reports and intercot all day long. I did have excel open most of the day… of course to look at my vacation spreadsheet over, and over!!! - changing font colors… heehee… downloading free disney fonts….the important stuff!

I also entered in all my dining confirmation numbers in my phone calendar. Set my alarms for when we should be making our way to the restaurants.

When the kids get home, they marked off the calendar days and counted how many more days before we leave for Disney. I missed it however, because I had to “work” late!!! Heehee….

We eat dinner, talk more Disney… listen to The Little Mermaid sound track while eating dinner. Then we danced around the house while chanting, "We're going to Disney!". Each of the girls (including me!) take their turns doing their own dances. :dance: My DH shakes his head (but, he loves it) DH and I listen to Epcot soundtrack while cleaning up the kitchen after the kids go to bed.

10/6 – 10 days from vacation start; 12 days from check-in

Another fruitless day at work. Going through the motions and reading Intercot like it was my job. I did go to Michael’s during my lunch to get my animal print paper pack for my scrapbook. I’ll be using this paper and stickers for my animal kingdom and adventure land pages. I also bought some halloween paper for my MNSSHP pages. Wouldn’t you know that they were on sale and I didn’t even know it! BONUS!

After putting the kids to bed, I just can’t wait to start my disney vacation scrapbook so, I made a Halloween page. I also started to pack my scrappin’ to go bag. We’ll be driving for 2 days and I can get some pages pre-made.

Tomorrow marks the single digits…. Oh my word!!! SINGLE DIGITS!!! :trampo:

Kathy Jetson
10-10-2009, 02:34 AM
We check in on the 17th and I know how you feel I can't pay attention at work and whenever someone trys to talk to me I can only talk about disney:blush:

mouseketeer mom
10-11-2009, 08:54 AM
This right before the trip time is my most favorite part of the trip. For me, its almost as good as being there, when the anticipation is so high! Great report!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I just can't get away from work to do my Pre-Trip report!!!

We are leaving on Saturday morning and are almost all packed. We'll be almost all packed by tomorrow afternoon. Before I go to bed tomorrow, I'll post the last of this pre-trip report - THEN WE'RE OFF!

P.S. Why does everything at work have to come tumbling down when you are trying to leave for vacation and surf all day>????????? :mad:

KylesMom
10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
P.S. Why does everything at work have to come tumbling down when you are trying to leave for vacation and surf all day>?????????

Murphy's Law :D.

Take a breath, concentrate on what you need to finish up, and everything else will fall into place. :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
10-17-2009, 05:53 AM
We're leaving!!!!! The Monkey bus is leaving in about 30 minutes! :bus: We're waiting until last minute to wake the kids up and get them in the car. We've got everything ready... just need the time to go by quickly.

I've already taken about 50 pictures of the preparation and i'll be journaling all the way there and back. So, I'll post a new thread for each day!

Sorry that I probably won't be online for the next 10 days but, I'm sure you'll all understand! :thumbsup:

:mjump::goofy::cheers:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-17-2009, 05:55 AM
We're leaving!!!!! The Monkey bus is leaving in about 30 minutes! :bus: We're waiting until last minute to wake the kids up and get them in the car. We've got everything ready... just need the time to go by quickly.

I've already taken about 50 pictures of the preparation and i'll be journaling all the way there and back. So, I'll post a new thread for each day!

Sorry that I probably won't be online for the next 10 days but, I'm sure you'll all understand! :thumbsup:

:mjump::goofy::cheers:

Ok, sorry!! I didn't realize that our computer was logged in under my husband....

But, in any event, we're outta here!!!! :coaster:

Mickeydream
10-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Woo hoo!! Thanks for sharing your last few minutes before trip departure with us. We share your excitement!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Sounds like great fun

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I'll be posting the trip report (finally!!!) so, I wanted to bump this up for the pre-cursor in case anyone wants to read the prep work!

:thumbsup:

Trip report - comin' right up....