PDA

View Full Version : Question About In Room Pizza Delivery and DDP

mjaclyn
10-08-2009, 12:44 AM
So the other night DH and I decided to order a pizza up to our room and were debating whether or not to use the DDP credits for it. The way it is described in the brochure we received when we checked in, it's 2 TS Credits and includes 1 Pizza, 2 Drinks and 2 Desserts. When I called to order the pizza the CM on the phone said that it's actually 4 TS credits because it's considered a meal for 2. Is this correct? If it is, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to be charging 4 TS credits for a pizza. Even with tax, gratuity and the delivery charge it would be like paying $80 OOP.

DisneyPrincess21
10-08-2009, 12:47 AM
So the other night DH and I decided to order a pizza up to our room and were debating whether or not to use the DDP credits for it. The way it is described in the brochure we received when we checked in, it's 2 TS Credits and includes 1 Pizza, 2 Drinks and 2 Desserts. When I called to order the pizza the CM on the phone said that it's actually 4 TS credits because it's considered a meal for 2. Is this correct? If it is, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to be charging 4 TS credits for a pizza. Even with tax, gratuity and the delivery charge it would be like paying $80 OOP.

They way I have understood it, is it is 2 TS off of the room's "allotment" not per person. I could be wrong, But 2 TS per person seems outrageous. The CM was probably wrong, and if they were right, then that is highway robbery!

OleDoleDoffin
10-08-2009, 06:03 AM
We've just come back and we ordered a pizza while we were there (staying at Pop Century). We ordered two pizzas to split between five people, and were charged 4 TS credits for the whole thing - which included two 2-liter bottles of soda and four desserts, and covered the delivery charge and tip.

So that's less than one TS credit per person, we didn't have to run down to the food court to refill our mugs, and we still ended up with leftover pizza which the boys ate for breakfast the next morning. Not a bad deal at all! :thumbsup:

(But if you want to eat in the food court and order a whole pizza to split... I don't think they allow that to be paid with dining plan credits. Go figure.)

SBETigg
10-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Even at 2 TS credits, it seems like a pretty bad use of credits to me. I would probably pay OOP for pizza. Did you go for it, Mjaclyn? Does WDW owe you two TS credits?

brian2000boston
10-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Actually the better deal is to just to go to your dining area at your hotel to order and carry back. They give you 1 large pizza, 2 desserts and 2 drinks for 2 CS credits. we did this several times and a much better deal. 2 TS to have it delivered is a very big waste of TS credits.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Even at 2 TS credits, it seems like a pretty bad use of credits to me.

1) Yes, it does.
2) That is the equivalent of about $62 for
. . . one pizza
. . . two cokes
. . . two desserts

OleDoleDoffin
10-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Heh, probably should have mentioned that we were doing the free DP and realized we were going to have TS credits left over but not CS... so we were using up what would have been wasted credits.

Didn't realize you could actually get a whole pizza with CS credits, but even so, that would have just meant one more CS meal we would have paid for OOP somewhere else, versus using TS credits we had to spare.... plus getting to be lazy in the air conditioned rooms when we all hit the wall and nobody even wanted to go down to the food court to refill the mugs :blush:

(I loved having the free DP, and at the Values it's actually a good deal if you have at least two adults in a room. But I'm not sure I'd pay for it!)

Figment!
10-08-2009, 09:33 AM
The way it is described in the brochure we received when we checked in, it's 2 TS Credits and includes 1 Pizza, 2 Drinks and 2 Desserts. This is correct, it is 2 Adult Table Service Credits for this "package".

When I called to order the pizza the CM on the phone said that it's actually 4 TS credits because it's considered a meal for 2. Is this correct? No, the Cast Member was mistaken.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
No, the Cast Member was mistaken.

1) If there is a doubt, always ask for another CM.
2) Somestimes there is misinformation given out by CM's.
3) Could be bad training or bad memory.
4) It never hurts to ask for a second opinion.

PETE FROM NYC
10-08-2009, 08:51 PM
We had a pizza delivery a couple of trips back.It was one of the worst excuses for pizza I have ever suffered through.
But very late at night, it was that or starve.
Still debating if I made the best choice.

TheRustyScupper
10-09-2009, 01:51 AM
We had a pizza delivery a couple of trips back.It was one of the worst excuses for pizza I have ever suffered through.

1) Please remember, off-site pizza and Chinese is available until about 3:00am.
2) They deliver to all WDW resorts.
. . . for Deluxe, delivery is to Bellmen or Front Desk
. . . all others, they deliver directly to the room
3) The Front Desk always keeps a copy of the delivery joints.
. . . pizza hut
. . . domino's
. . . papa johns (the best in the area, IMHO)
. . . several other pizza
. . . several Chinese

readytogo2
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM

judging by the pizzas ive had from there you choose wrong:ack: