PDA

View Full Version : Poly bound - pre-trip report

DisneyBarb
10-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I confess this is technically my 3rd pre-trip report for the same trip...:blush: The first one was getting advice to get my hubby convinced to go.. the second was announcing that we were going. These (and I promise the final) are the real plans!!! I got my ME packet today and it got me motivated to write!

Cast - me (44)
DH (46, and 2 failed back surgeries and is being a trooper to make me happy)
DD - 14 year old does show signs of still liking me at times..
DS - 11 is as crazy about Disney as me but don't tell anyone!

4th trip as a family. Usually go every 2 years. I do believe this will be our last trip for a long time as its just too hard to take them out of school. I do not want to deal with crowds on school vacation week (and the expense) and probably should show the kids there are other places to visit (although I still don't believe this!!) :confused:

Friday Nov 13 arrive at MCO via JetBlue at 7:25 pm. Have 9:30 ressies at Ohanas! Cannot wait to walk into the Poly and smell that smell!! (you Poly lovers know what I'm talking about!). Trying to decide if we will grab our own luggage or let ME take care of it. EMH at Epcot, head over if not too tired..

Sat - breakfast at Kona, MK lunch at Columbia House (new for us), dinner in Japan

Sun - breakfast at Donald Safaris Breakfast (new for us) then AK for the morning. Rest of the day is up in the air. Friends are hopefully coming in the afternoon to watch the Pats game. May go to studios for EMH

Mon - EARLY ressies at Chef Mickeys (so psyched the kids still want to do this!) probably onto Epcot then maybe DTD (Disney Quest) ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern and then EMH at MK

Tues - maybe Blizzard beach? A little disappointed that again Tyhpoon Lagoon is closed (we go every other year and that seems to be the schedule). This will depend on the weather. If not, then play it by ear, thinking mini golf and Beaches and cream for lunch..
Planet Hollywood for early dinner and then Very Merry Christmas party!

Wed - play it by ear... go wherever we want!! dinner ressies for Mama Melrose

Thurs - up early, check in at lobby for 2:30 flight. Head to MK for a couple of hours (emh) then cry and cry and cry that we have to leave!

I'm very excited as I did not think a few months ago we would be able to swing this.. Long story short, took 2 1/2 years of grad school/career change to teaching. No jobs, no money, very lucky my old company hired me back and very happy! Hubby has a bad back so he will rest every afternoon. We may or may not.

Every time we go it gets more relaxing.. don't feel the need to see everything.. Our favs our MK and Epcot. I'm partial to the Studios also, love the old time movie feel...

Can't believe the kids are growing so quickly.. so this trip feels bittersweet..

Aloha! and thanks for listening..

satchel01
10-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Hola!
I got all excited when I saw your pre-trip report cuz we're staying at the Poly too. I thought I'd get to read your report just before our trip, but as I read further I realized that our trip will be ending when yours is beginning ( I guess I'm slacking on my own pre-trip report! lolz )

It will be fun to see how our trips compare, being consecutive and both at the Polynesian :D. We're also dining at 'Ohana's on our first night.

I look forward to the rest of your trip report. :mickey:

vizsla
10-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

SBETigg
10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Great plans! I hope your hubby's back lets him have a fun vacation. Enjoy!

DizNee143
10-08-2009, 08:35 AM
sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip! hope you guys have a good time! cant wait to read all about it when you get back..:mickey:

faline
10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Great plans! Hope all goes well and your husband's back cooperates!

KylesMom
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Barb, I'm glad your plans have finally fallen into place and that you're getting excited for your trip. It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned and some great ADRs scheduled. Take each day as it comes & enjoy your family! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return. :mickey: