PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Newbie Question #4: Golf Carts

Goes4FastPass
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
If we rent a golf cart is there golf cart parking at the Outpost, near the Meadows Pool / Campfire area and at the Settlement? Do people commonly drive a cart to the Settlement or Outpost and take transportation (Settlement-boat, Outpost-bus) to a Disney park leaving their cart until they return later? Put another way, if we arrive at the Settlement boat dock after an evening at the MK with a ready to sleep toddler will we be glad we have a cart instead of bussing back to our cabin?

We are 4 adults, a slender 9YO and a toddler. We won't usually use the cart for all 6 at once but can we? Will a FW security CM wave us down and tell us, "You ain't the Beverly Hillbillies. Somebody's going to have to get off and walk."
This cabin newbie appreciates your replies.

jennsky
10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
People ABSOLUTELY drive their carts and park them at the Outposts while they spend a day at the parks. We do that all the time. Obviously you take the key to the golf cart with you so someone can't go on a little joyride. You'll appreciate having it with a sleepy toddler.

As for carting around a large number of people, to be honest, when I went two years ago, with 11 people (7 adults and 4 infants/toddlers), we had one golf cart and could transport everyone (one way) in two trips. We obviously were safe about it. Keep in mind the more weight on the cart, the slower it goes.

Don't forget to plug it in at your cabin at nighttime so you're powered up in the morning. There's an electrical outlet on the front of the cabin where you park your vehicle.

SFTrny
10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Both outposts...and the front gate area...have parking areas and chargers for the golf carts. If you have a cart, I am sure that it will be your primary mode of transportation within FW. We always take ours from the cabin to the marina...plug it in to a charger...and then take the boat to MK. At the end of the day, we jump off the boat and go right into our cart. PURE MAGIC! It's like having a personal chauffeur waiting on you. Really...at the end of the day anywhere, do you want to wait for a bus, or would you like to have your "car" right there?

Here's a secret....get a gallon size ziploc bag and put a hand towel in it and leave it in the cart when you go to the parks. If there is any rain or mist during the day (or pollen in the spring/summer months), you'll have a towel handy to wipe down the seats when you get back. Remember that FL is very humid.

As for the crowd....yes..you'll probably fit, and I doubt you will get any grief from FW. Just don't be reckless and noisy. FW is pretty good about everyone just getting along, and being courteous and sensible. Give way to pedestrians and watch out for the buses.

OH...and don't let the 9 YO or Toddler drive the cart. :stitch2:

wdw_bound
10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
We only rented the cart for 24 hrs when we were at the cabins last fall (DH wasn't convinced there was ROI). Let me tell you, it was wonderful the night we got back from MNSSHP with two sleeping kids and a special needs stroller. We literally took a few steps off the boat to the cart and drove up to our front door without them stirring. There is no way we could have managed that with the buses, as good as we thought they were. Plus, the next day, DH took a nap and the kids and I explored the Fort with the cart - some very precious memories were made!

Have a great trip! :mickey:

Disdaddy
10-10-2009, 09:18 PM
You can rent from a place off Disney property called Tee Time rentals. It's about $30 per day and they deliver to FW parking lot. Their # is 407-276-0809